Dave Galanter
December 1st 1969 - December 12th 2020
He was loved.

Comic Battle >> View Post
·
Post By
Public Enemy #1

In Reply To
J

Subj: Re: Oddly...
Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 at 05:26:41 pm EST
Reply Subj: Re: Oddly...
Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 at 04:47:32 pm EST

Previous Post

> > You have NOTHING to prove your point. Not a damn comic appearance or even any editor or creator comments. You have nothing.
>
>
> Where have you been the past year, J?
>
> Of course we have comics of:
>
> * Supergirl defeating Superman in speed;

Not quite. She accelerated while they were flying and he 'lost' her. This was, again, clarified in Loebs last issue of the series when Kal clearly stated she was NOT more powerful.

However, this point is MOOT, bc this topic is about STRENGTH and NOT speed.

> * Supergirl knocking him unconscious or, at least, stunning him badly;

Again, a gross misrepresentation. She didnt stun OR KO him. He was LETTING HER hit him. I suggest you re-read the issue. Im not the only person here who has corrected you on your erroneous 'example.'

> * Gasp... Supergirl embarrassing every single team on DC (Legion -- not in combat --, Teen Titans, Outsiders, and part of JLA);

And this has to do with WW as a strength comparison... because?

> * Supergirl keeping up with Flash in speed;

And what does speed have to do with strength? Nor did she embarass him. HE caught up with her. What she DID embarass him in is intellgience.

> * Supergirl beating Martian Manhunter in a few panels;

And Diana did the same to Jonn - along with Plastic Man, Batman, Flash & Black Canary all at once - while blind.

> * Supergirl stalemating Mon-El;

Matrix defeated Mon-El, too. Shes not nearly as strong as Kara OR Diana.

> * Supergirl embarrassing Wondergirl (twice at this point... one was a victory in combat).

Prior to Cassies power up. And, again, Cassie isnt even nearly close to Dianas strength level so how this is a comparison to Diana is beyond me.
>
> So, based on her amazing track record against foes WW has no hope of beating a majority, it's safe to assume she is stronger than WW.

Your assumptions are absurd. You proved nothing really. You have yet to dismiss or attempt to tackle ANY of the points Ive made and all your points dont even involve STRENGTH *OR* Wonder Woman. They all involve characters who are SERIOUSLY weaker than both Kara AND Diana.

Like I said in my original post - you have NO PROOF. NOTHING.


>
>
> >
> > On the other hand, since Supergirls appearance, Diana has been called "The DCU's most powerful female" by DC, Allen Heinberg AND Jodi Picoult.
>
> Solicits do not equal showings.

Nope, they arent showings but they are editorial edict. Why would DC state, with all certainty, that Diana is "The DCU's most powerful heroine!" then? Why would Allen Heinberg write it into a comic? Say it in an interview? Why would Jodi Piccoult state in an interview that Diana is the most powerful female character?

Interesting. Im 'crazy' according to you yet other creators, editors and the like feel the same way I do based on COMIC SHOWINGS and DC MANDATE and yet your examples of Kara vs WonderGIRL are supposed to be proof? lol

Better luck next time.

> > > You have NOTHING to prove your point. Not a damn comic appearance or even any editor or creator comments. You have nothing.
> >
> >
> > Where have you been the past year, J?
> >
> > Of course we have comics of:
> >
> > * Supergirl defeating Superman in speed;
>
> Not quite. She accelerated while they were flying and he 'lost' her. This was, again, clarified in Loebs last issue of the series when Kal clearly stated she was NOT more powerful.

They were racing.
Supes didn't clearly state anything. It was left up in the air.
If it was WW, I am sure you would be rubbing that scene in everyone's face.

>
> However, this point is MOOT, bc this topic is about STRENGTH and NOT speed.

The topic is about WW vs a female Kryptonian, and, until proven otherwise, a female Kryptonian is physically superior (stronger, faster, more durable). You should be happy that WW can win with her weapons and skills.


> > * Supergirl knocking him unconscious or, at least, stunning him badly;
>
> Again, a gross misrepresentation. She didnt stun OR KO him. He was LETTING HER hit him. I suggest you re-read the issue. Im not the only person here who has corrected you on your erroneous 'example.'

He was seen unconscious at the end of an issue, and extremely groggy at the beginning of other, and saying she could kill him. How is this a gross misrepresentation? You make it sound as if she didn't hurt him.


> > * Gasp... Supergirl embarrassing every single team on DC (Legion -- not in combat --, Teen Titans, Outsiders, and part of JLA);
>
> And this has to do with WW as a strength comparison... because?

Because WW can't accomplish such a feat and had her hands full with Starfire alone.

> > * Supergirl keeping up with Flash in speed;
>
> And what does speed have to do with strength? Nor did she embarass him. HE caught up with her. What she DID embarass him in is intellgience.

I didn't say she embarrassed him, but, well, she did...

> > * Supergirl beating Martian Manhunter in a few panels;
>
> And Diana did the same to Jonn - along with Plastic Man, Batman, Flash & Black Canary all at once - while blind.
>

That was training. Not a real fight. So, when Supes and Supergirl are racing in space, it doesn't count... this is brilliant.
Manhunter was training with WW, and they stalemated (and even embarrassed WW at certain points of the battle). Does this count too? I will post the scans more than gladly.


> > * Supergirl stalemating Mon-El;
>
> Matrix defeated Mon-El, too. Shes not nearly as strong as Kara OR Diana.

I haven't seen this story, so I can't comment, but Matrix was uber for a while.

> > * Supergirl embarrassing Wondergirl (twice at this point... one was a victory in combat).
>
> Prior to Cassies power up. And, again, Cassie isnt even nearly close to Dianas strength level so how this is a comparison to Diana is beyond me.

The second time was after the power-up. Wondergirl stood up to WW and stunned her with her lightning. The same attack against Supergirl knocked her own self unconscious.


> Your assumptions are absurd. You proved nothing really. You have yet to dismiss or attempt to tackle ANY of the points Ive made and all your points dont even involve STRENGTH *OR* Wonder Woman. They all involve characters who are SERIOUSLY weaker than both Kara AND Diana.


No. Superman is seriously stronger than WW and comparable to Supergirl. Martian Manhunter may even be stronger than WW, depending on the depiction.
Flash embarrassed WW a few times...
WW can't defeat Teen Titans on her own.



> Like I said in my original post - you have NO PROOF. NOTHING.

I have proof, even though you hate them and twist facts to prove your stance...


> >
> > Solicits do not equal showings.
>
> Nope, they arent showings but they are editorial edict.

And they mean nothing. Iron Man is invincible. Juggernaut is unstoppable. She-Hulk is the strongest super heroine on Earth. What counts are showings. The marketing department of DC can advertise books any way the want. Covers are as invalid and often misrepresent the inside of a book.

> Why would DC state, with all certainty, that Diana is "The DCU's most powerful heroine!" then?

Marketing strategy. Chances are editors have nothing to do with that, but the marketing department.


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP
Alvaro's Comicboards powered by On Topic™ © 2003-2021 Powermad Software
All the content of these boards Copyright © 1996-2021 by Comicboards/TVShowboards. Software Copyright © 2003-2021 Powermad Software