Dave Galanter
December 1st 1969 - December 12th 2020
He was loved.

Comic Battle >> View Post
·
Post By
Drax the Legend

In Reply To
Maestro

Subj: In the immortal words of our resident Kheran Lord:
Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 at 08:42:26 am EST
Reply Subj: Re: Say whot?
Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 at 11:45:43 pm EST

Previous Post

> > The fight on the Astral plane doesn't change the fundamental fact that slamming down the Visor just as the Destroyer fires causes the energy to backfire within the Armor. And seeing as how the JLA is awash with class 100 speedsters who should be fast enough and strong enough to do just that... I don't see it as any big deal. Supes would probably take the initial hit from the Disintegration beam. Now since we know that Supes can survive a hit from Darkseid's Omega beam which is very similar to Destroyer's, only more powerful... *ducks all the flaming that is sure to come from this comment \:\-D *... both he or someone as intelligent as MM is probably going to go, "Aha ! so thats how its done ! ".
> >
>
>
> I won't go into the second part of your argument, but it a was a "spirit-over-spirit" moment that caused the problem. Hulk's will ovepowered the Maestro's and it manifested itself in the backfire. I think it was the combination of the psychic and physical assault that drove the Maestro away. The Destroyer itself was none the worse...
>

Well I think it was the reflection of the energy of that beam back into the Armor that drove the spirit away and I say this because it is well known that the beam in question has the power to destroy astral spirits as easily as it does physical beings. The Armor is indestructible so I wouldn't expect it to be harmed by its own energy ray... just the spirit inside.

> > He fires through the Visor ???
> > LOL... well not any more !
> > This issue as good as retcons what you are saying although to be honest... looking at past appearances by Destroyer its kind of hard to tell whether the Visor is up or down when he fires... different Artist interpretations I guess.
> >
>
> It's always down, before and since. Re-retconned, if you will.
>

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure the last time we saw the Destroyer use the Disintegration beam (or if he has been seen at all) in Marvel it was in that Hulk issue when it was possessed by the Maestro (which was after all the Heroes Reborn foolishness). Therefore Peter David's interpretation hasn't been retconned and still stands.

Sorry but you're going to have to give me a bit of proof (a scan or something) to make me believe that he fires through the Visor. Or else this issue becomes the only definitive proof. \:\-\)

>
> Drax the Legend, Captain of the Fist, The Starwalker, The Jade Slayer

"For future reference, I don't make stuff up sport"(and no smilies for you).

On that note, let us carry on...

> Well I think it was the reflection of the energy of that beam back into the Armor that drove the spirit away and I say this because it is well known that the beam in question has the power to destroy astral spirits as easily as it does physical beings. The Armor is indestructible so I wouldn't expect it to be harmed by its own energy ray... just the spirit inside.

Even if we assume that your hypothesis is correct, the Hulk's spirit was there too, so I pretty much doubt that he would go unharmed, while the Maestro got obliterated or whatever...

> I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure the last time we saw the Destroyer use the Disintegration beam (or if he has been seen at all) in Marvel it was in that Hulk issue when it was possessed by the Maestro (which was after all the Heroes Reborn foolishness). Therefore Peter David's interpretation hasn't been retconned and still stands.
>
> Sorry but you're going to have to give me a bit of proof (a scan or something) to make me believe that he fires through the Visor. Or else this issue becomes the only definitive proof. \:\-\)

Not much of a Thor reader, it seems, yet you seemingly speak with authority on a Thor villain. The Destroyer has had multiple showings in Thor's book after that, the first of which "re-retconned" your fabled weakness(see scan). Notice that not only does he lower the "fork" to charge the disintegrator, but that it does not actually slip down into place to boot! The Hulk showing is clearly a mistake, David is not infallible.


Drax the Legend, Captain of the Fist, The Starwalker, The Jade Slayer


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
Alvaro's Comicboards powered by On Topic™ © 2003-2021 Powermad Software
All the content of these boards Copyright © 1996-2021 by Comicboards/TVShowboards. Software Copyright © 2003-2021 Powermad Software