Subj: Silly issue I agree but at least we know now it was a fair fight between Supes and Atlas.Posted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 at 11:11:58 am EDT (Viewed 35 times)
Reply Subj: Superman #680 was ALMOST as bad as Hulk #6.
Posted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 at 06:58:32 am EDT (Viewed 69 times)
Yes, I know Superman's fans would be screaming at the top of their lungs... "but the source of Atlas's powers are magical and thats what weakened Supes !"
Well so what ?
It wasn't as if Atlas was intentionally manipulating the magic within him to defeat Superman anymore than Juggernaut would be able to use the Cyttorak crystal within him to defeat beings that are vulnerable to magic. There was no indication in that issue that Atlas even knew that Superman was vulnerable to magic but instead seemed to honestly think that he was just a stronger and better fighter than Supes. Its a simple case where one of Kal-El's many vulnerabilities (Kryptonite, red sun radiation, magic, etc...) came back to bite him. But that wasn't Atlas's fault. Maybe if Supes had used some of his vaunted flight/superspeed abilties that... according to Supes more extreme fans are supposed to make him unbeatable by the average Brick, then Atlas's "magic" advantage wouldn't have been an issue... no ?
But instead Supes chose to just slug it out (as usual) and thus put himself in a position where he would be most easily affected by the magic as the fight wore on.
| > |
> The dialogue... pfft...! What's up with Supes being so grumpy?
> The last scene where he was practically ordering people from Metropolis to cheer for Pluto... or Krypto was pathetic.
> Now, Krypto pretty much stalemated Atlas and was biting the living hell out of him.
> I think that Atlas might be, at best, Class 70.
Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP
All the content of these boards Copyright © 1996-2022 by Comicboards/TVShowboards. Software Copyright © 2003-2022 Powermad Software
- Superman #680 was ALMOST as bad as Hulk #6. [Spoilers] · Public Enemy #1 · Thu Sep 25, 2008 at 06:58:32 am EDT
- Thats kind of creepy. [Spoilers] · Fifthchild · Fri Sep 26, 2008 at 03:45:46 am EDT
- I agree, it was weird and the forced cheering session doubly so. (no text) [Spoilers] · Would be Watcher · Thu Sep 25, 2008 at 12:41:01 pm EDT
- Krypto must be class 100 now....I guess Darkseid better start quaking in his boots now....(NT) [Spoilers] · Defensor · Thu Sep 25, 2008 at 11:31:46 am EDT
- What is the deal with these "rooms"? (no text) [Spoilers] · Dark Marvel · Thu Sep 25, 2008 at 11:14:58 am EDT
- Silly issue I agree but at least we know now it was a fair fight between Supes and Atlas. [Spoilers] · Maestro · Thu Sep 25, 2008 at 11:11:58 am EDT
- What the...?! · Uninvited Guest · Thu Sep 25, 2008 at 10:35:20 am EDT
- Re: Yeah, that issue was horrid, maybe tied with Hulk #6. (no text) [Spoilers] · zvelf · Thu Sep 25, 2008 at 09:39:35 am EDT
- Re: Superman #680 was ALMOST as bad as Hulk #6. · Bootch · Thu Sep 25, 2008 at 08:36:05 am EDT
- Super powered dogs. Seriously? "He's my dog." Honestly? (no text) · ArtTeacher · Thu Sep 25, 2008 at 08:26:13 am EDT
- Re: Superman #680 was ALMOST as bad as Hulk #6. [Spoilers] · Olympian · Thu Sep 25, 2008 at 07:02:25 am EDT