Comic Battle >> View Post
·
Post By
Daveym 
Moderator

Location: Lancashire
Member Since: Sat May 17, 2008
In Reply To
bd2999

Subj: Re: There's No Real Logic to it. [Hulk #6 Soilers within]
Posted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 at 08:16:07 pm EDT (Viewed 135 times)
Reply Subj: Re: There's No Real Logic to it. [Hulk #6 Soilers within]
Posted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 at 07:58:01 pm EDT



> I understand what you are saying, but why does this event suddenly take priority over the others? I mean Hulk never beat Wendigo easily but RH did, we cannot ignore that, RH owned Hulk and was doing so again. No arguing that point either. For joke or not he KO'd a watcher and beat She Hulk and Iron Man.
>
> And he beat Thor down in round one. I mean it makes sense if you say Thor was holding back the first time. Fine, whatever, but that was never really stated. I just dont think we can ignore all of that because of one issue, because in that issue the previous status quo was maintained at the start, Thor was then able to stalemate and beat around RH. I just dont think we can ignore it all.
>
All you have to accept to make it work is that Red Hulk starts strong but gradually dips.
At peak levels he's jumping from the Moon to the earth (Absurd but there it is) which is way beyond the Green Hulks ability and he's able to take major hits to the face from Mjolnir which should finish just about any other opponent. All of this is fine and dandy but now we must look at #6 and accept either that the Red Hulks full power is unsustainable for any significant length of time as i said or that the inconsistencies in his, Thors and the Hulks showings are irreconcilable.

The thing is i suspect it's these descrepancies in powerlevels that are confusing the Fans - Judging from his rematch Thor would seem to be a physical match for Red Hulk. That would put him well above the Green Hulk and does all sorts of things to the accepted power pyramid at Marvel, we had a similar thing when Nova went up against the Surfer and was outgunned... it shifts the power pyramid in very awkward ways.

You either accept that Red Hulks power starts at that peaklevel and tails off or that the whole character/storyline is unworkable due to the inconsistency. Simple as that. There's no other way to make it work.

> >
> > > I mean look at what RH has done, regardless of how he lost now. Knocked out a Watcher, defeated She Hulk with ease, Iron Man with ease, beat Hulk, beat Wendigo and beat Thor. All easily.
> > >
> > > In round two RH looked to be on the verge of beating Hulk again, then Thor jumps in and somehow is able to hurt him now. Then Hulk comes in and finishes him. Confusing, very much but how do we just ignore what happened?
> >
> > You have to 'ignore' it. Because as of #6 none of it makes any sense!
> >
> > But this is my Reading of it -
> >
> > I can accomodate the idea that Red Hulk took Thor by surprise last issue maybe and it was actually the beating he took from his own Hammer that finished him (technically true after all) but the fact is you look at the art at the begining of that issue and Thor is quite clearly giving absolutely everything into those hammer strikes, you can't seriously suggest he's going easy there.
> > But Then the Red Hulk catches the hammer and it pretty much ends there for Thor....
> >
> > Skip to the current issue and it's Thor/Red Hulk clash and the only way to make it make sense is to say that Red Hulk has weakened and is continuing to weaken from all his exertions leaving him open to this takedown from Thor and Latterly the Hulk.
> > It's not a wholly flawless idea i admit, but considering Red Hulk nearly kills the Hulk in two/Three blows before Thor intervenes but then lays down a whole barrage of them after the Thor fight to limited effect it is the logical suggestion as seen in the book.
> > The Red Hulks downward trend reaches its critical point as the Hulk plays 'Rope-a-dope' and his body overloads, shutting him down effectively. It seems despite a very high peaklevel the Red Hulk can sustain it for only a limited time, especially when battles are further draining his resources and taxing his body chemistry.
> >
> > Works for me.
> >
> >

> >




Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows Vista
Alvaro's Comicboards powered by On Topic™ © 2003-2022 Powermad Software
All the content of these boards Copyright © 1996-2022 by Comicboards/TVShowboards. Software Copyright © 2003-2022 Powermad Software