Comic Battle >> View Post
·
Post By
Vangrab

In Reply To
HMB3

Subj: Re: What plan?!!
Posted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 at 11:03:06 am EDT
Reply Subj: What plan?!!
Posted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 at 08:11:24 am EDT


> What's all this talk of a plan? Is Red Hulk precognitive? Did he know Thor was going to show up and interrupt his melee with the true Hulk?
> How much prep did he have prior to Thor smiting him with Mjolnir? None that I could tell. What happened is he took Thor into orbit (by jumping no less) so he could beat him with his own hammer. It looked pretty spontaneous to me. But hey... if you find flaw in my logic, that's your beef, the comic pretty much supports it. Blame the writing if you will, but the writing is what it is... and Thor got beat by an opponent more physically powerful then he (Thor) was prepared for. The second time around Thor knew the caliber of opponent he was facing and didn't fall victim to his hubris. In short, he relied on his warrior prowess he is so famed for. I'm physically stronger than Floyd Mayweather, but I don't even pretend I can beat him in a fist fight, even though I have boxing experience. Round two was simply Thor asserting his superior skill over an physically superior opponent.
>
> And for the record... I don't care for the Red Hulk at all. But you have to give credit where credit is due. He beat both the Hulk and Thor in very convincing fashion. That speaks volumes of his power.
>
>
> > > You can spin it, peel it, slice and dice it, and in the end it's still an orange. With that said, let's do some peeling of our own.
> > >
> > >
> > > You claim that Thor held back. C'mon. His opening dialogue suggested he was intent on putting the Red Hulk down... permanently. He had just witnessed Red Hulk beat Green Hulk in convincing fashion. You know, the same Hulk that is no less than Thor's physical equal, who Thor has even admitted could actually be stronger than himself (I for one believe him), the same Hulk that Thor has never beaten with similar ease or treated with such contempt. To say he "held back" against such an opponent is not only absurd, its a pure disservice to Thor as a character and his much touted warrior prowess. Not to mention the initial strike to Red Hulk's head indicates that Thor was deadly serious about ending his threat to the superhero community.
> > >
> > > The reality of their initial matchup is that Thor was defeated by a much more powerful (physically) adversary similar to that of the Destroyer, and much like his encounters with the Destroyer, Thor used a more skillful approach in his second bout with RHulk to perservere.
> >
> > If Rulk was so strong and mighty why did he need A PLAN to defeat Thor???
> > Flawed logic.
> >

This is not flawed logic, he specifically said that he studied Thor, enough proof to me that he was prepared for Thor. Red Hulk NEVER physically overpowered Thor, he beat him with his hammer only.



Posted with Mozilla Firefox 3.0.3 on Windows XP
Alvaro's Comicboards powered by On Topic™ © 2003-2022 Powermad Software
All the content of these boards Copyright © 1996-2022 by Comicboards/TVShowboards. Software Copyright © 2003-2022 Powermad Software