Comic Battle >> View Post
·
Post By
Primetime

In Reply To
Daveym 
Moderator

Location: Lancashire
Member Since: Sat May 17, 2008
Subj: Re: Probobly Not. [Hulk #6]
Posted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 at 06:09:27 pm EDT
Reply Subj: Re: Probobly Not. [Hulk #6]
Posted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 at 03:24:19 pm EDT (Viewed 31 times)


>
> > >
> > >
> > > > > Where is the innacuracy in that rundown?
> > > >
> > > > The innacuracy is that it is something that you made up. Nothing in the book states that he "loses strength" or is "overloaded".
> > > ERRRR, so why does he lose this issue fighting both Thor and the Hulk exactly?!
> >
> > Dang hasn't that been explained? He was not ready for Thor the second time around.
> Uh-huh, And why should he have to be "ready for Thor"? Was he ready for him last issue?! Did he need forewarning then before Thor doled out killer blows to his face/head, to no effect?
> What was so different between the two fights that the Red Hulk could not replicate his previous performance in stopping the Hammer?

He wasn't hit with an unexpected hammer shot. In the first confrontation, he and Thor squared off before they fought. He could have been braced for that first shot. Also, we could consider vermin's point that Thor hit him harder the second fight because knowledge of Rulk's power made him less inclined to hold back.

>
> > Thor hit him while he was preoccupied with fighting Hulk and didn't let up. Hulk had time to increase his strength in the second fight.
> >
> How did the one or two blows Thor get in early tip the fight when he was graphically going allout last issue to cave Red Hulks face in and probobly kill him?

You don't know that he was going all out. Thor has historically held back.

> And how did the Hulk have time to increase his strength in the second fight when the previous occasion Red Hulk stopped him in two punches?! You just aren't making any sene here... If the Hulk can magically summon up wells of strength i would have thought i'd have seen it before now, as it is he only managed to look good because the Reds strength had started to fail.

He didn't stop him in two punches. He didn't stop him at all. Thor intervened before we saw what would have happened.
>
>
> > > Why is he Glowing with energy in his final fight and starts slurring his spheech and getting dizzy? If he's not overloading and losing strength please do tell what is actually happening in this lengthy sequence as i'm sure i and the board would benefit immensley from your insight.
> >
> > He was glowing because he was "hot". Remember when he said "So...hot...". He wasn't talking about his sex appeal.
> >
> No, because he's overloading on his power as i said. He's Getting weaker. Try asking around on the board and you'll get the same response \:\)

Lets not discuss how so many on this board differ from most of your opinions.

>
> > He was burning. That is what distressed him. NOTHING indicates that he was loosing strength. NOTHING! Even after he said that he was "so..hot..." he still unleashed a left hand on Hulk.
> >
> WoW!!!! You must have a different book than me.
>
> In my book he nearly kills the angry Hulk in two punches before Thor arrives. As Thor steps aside he's then taking a whole Barrage of shots from Red Hulk... now how can he be doing that unless Red is weaker than their earlier clash and what is that final page about with Red shown as dizzy, slurred and slowing? I await your response with great interest...

You await the same response I've given you over and over (as I said, your memory is bad). ITS BECAUSE HULK WAS GETTING STRONGER! Plus, the only book that says that he nearly kills Hulk in two punches is the book of your imagination. The only thing we get from Rulk's words is that his plan was to kill Hulk. We don't know if he would have succeeded. During the final encounter, he was ranting about how he was going to kill Hulk. He was KOed instead.

>
> > As I recall, when he choked Hulk out, he was glowing. Seemed very strong then.
> >
> > >
> > > > If this is clarified later, fine, but for now it is pure conjecture. What is stated is that Hulk is "getting stronger". Thus Hulk "getting stronger" is what allowed Hulk to get the KO.
> > > ???? So why didn't the Hulk beat him back in #3? Why Didn't the Hulk beat him first fight this issue? I mean like i say if you want to take stuff literally then you'll have to explain minor little details like this...
> >
> > Because he choked Hulk out before Hulk could increase his strength. The second fight, all he did was punch. Hulk withstood and got stronger.
> >
> Right, So in pitched battle the Hulk got no time to press this magic button that zaps his strength right up there because Red inconsiderately took everything he'd got and broke his arm as a finale... Neither did he get it in his second clash as he again gave everything he'd got and was destroyed in just two shots.... and neither was it there in their third as Red was fast weakening and overloaded ready for the killer shot from the Hulk.
> So are you suggesting that the Hulk needs the wind to be in the right direction and the sun aligned to get this magic strength boost or is it a fan-wish thing?

It's an established part of his power-set despite your denial of it. You keep saying that Hulk was destroyed by two punches. No. He received two punches befor Thor intervened. Hulk was still conscious and able to converse quite clearly with A-bomb. He showed no real wear and tear, yet you keep imagining that he was "destroyed".

Hulk's strength generally increases when he is being pummeled. He was not pummeled in the first fight. He was taken out by a choke before any blows could be landed on him. His second encounter is actually the first part of the final encounter.

> > >
> > >

> > >
> > >

>
> > >
> > > The point i made was in you taking dialogue (or its absence) literally. You state as a fact the Hulk is getting stronger etc because the dialogue states it. I point out that the dialogue also states Thor can't beat Red Hulk, to which Red Hulk states he could have ended up dead at Thors Hands!
> > > You can't pick and choose like that.
> >
> > The difference is that you don't have dialogue that contradicts the statement of Hulk getting stronger. Two references were made about Hulk getting stronger and no references contradicted that. Likewise, the end result supports that he was getting stronger.
> >
> No it does not! See what i said above. If Red is getting weaker and the Hulk is deliberatly over-extending his power in order to overload him to the point he can't sustain his power anymore then there is no magic strenghboost at work, quite the opposite as Reds power has failed thus leaving him wide open.

But the strength boost is at work. It is clearly stated in the book. What is not stated is your "overload" theory.
>
> > And Hulk's reasoning behind his belief that Thor couldn't beat Rhulk is corrected by A-bomb and despite his child-like demeanor, A-bomb was serving as the voice of wisdom. That is why Thor said "Though you speak as a child, you have the knowledge of a man". He even corrected Thor when Thor said that Rhulk was killing Hulk.
> >
> But so what? You sidestep my point about taking a statement as gospel when it is disputed within the same issue!

But the statement of hulk "getting stronger" is never disputed within that same issue.
> > >
> > >
> > > > >
>
> > > > What's your point? Thor had Rhulk on the ropes via a surprise attack that Thor never gave him a chance to recover from. The two were prepared for each other in the first fight.
> > > No they weren't! If that were so Thor would never have lost. He was giving his all in the 1st fight and was overpowered by a vastly superior force, this issue he does indeed get the 1st blow in and keeps the pressure on but the Red Hulk still has plenty of time to turn the tables on him... just as he did last issue. So why did he fail to do so? Because he's getting weaker.
> >
> > No, because Hulk jumped in. You speak as if Rhulk failed to turn the tables, when in fact, we don't know if would have turned the tables had Hulk not jumped in.
> > The last scene shows Thor attacking with lightning and Rhulk fending it off. Rhulk told Hulk that "You MAY have just spared my life". This is a statement of possibility, not one of certainty.
> > >
> I love it!!!!! I love how you accept/ignore The Hulk Stating Thor can't beat Red when Red himself latterly admits in no uncertain terms Thor could well have killed him there!!!

So you have two contradicting points, yet there is NO CONTRADICTING POINT regarding Hulk growing stronger.
>
> LoL!! ...Anything for a win eh? \:\)

That is your bag.
>
> > > > Hulk was getting just as beat down in the second fight. The difference is that he had the chance to increase his strength.
> > > >
> > > Even if you take the 'Madder/Stronger' thing literally how exactly is he getting the chance yto increase his strength here?
> > > He was crushed several pages earlier, no sign whatsoever of any boost in his power despite being totally prepared. No as they fight for the last time he sustains another far more sustained beating but doesn't go down. Why? Because the Red Hulk is getting weaker. The only plausible explanation.
> >
> > Nonsense. It's because he is getting stronger AS STATED IN THE BOOK.
> > >
> As Stated but utterly unproven. Correct.

It is proven by the way that withstood the onslaught and responded with a one punch KO.

> If he can't match the Red in their previous two clashes he certainly wouldn't do it in their 3rd... 4th... 5th or 12th. Hell he can't even beat Namor/Hercules/Thor in a sustained hour long fight, Previously we saw him fight Red Hulk and get beat in just Two shots, Thor turns up and Red Hulk admits he was on the ropes in serious trouble. That interestingly indicates Thor as being considerably more powerful than the Hulk, especially given Red used the Hammer, not fists, to Beat Thor senseless last issue!
> But somehow out of all this you get the notion the Hulk beat Red finally purely because he got... Mad. \:\( \(\?\)

And Namor/Hercules/Thor seem unable to beat Hulk in a long sustained fight. Clearly Hulk fights at his opponent's level. Begin getting the best of Hulk and he will grow stronger. From what is shown in the book, the main way that Hulk wins is by growing stronger.
>
>
> > > If you believe Herc literally held the Heavens how can he merely stalemate the Hulk who in turn merely stalemates the Sentry who in turn can't stop a Shield Helicarrier falling.... *Sheesh* \(\!\)
> >
> > The same way that Superman can lift a mountain in one issue and is barely able to lift a helicopter off of a train track in Adventures of Superman #607.
> > >
> What? Is that the best you can do?!

That's all I need for that outrageous circular argument.
>
> LoL!
>
> > > > > Marvel Herc has nothing remotely as physical as that on record.
> > > >
> > > > You are wrong on this count.
> > > >
> > > Then supply proof. Supply me with an equivalent feat to DC Herc lifting Paradise Island twice
> >
> > I supplied a superior feat. Here are two others:
> >
> > Generated enough pressure to knock the planet out of orbit:
> >
> > http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y226/jjschm20/Hercules/Thorvs.jpg
> >
> 1960s? Anything more... recent? Can i Call in the Hulks legendary Dimension-Thunderclap? Maybe Odins 'Universe shattering' power?
>
> > Drags Manhattan:
> >
> > http://www.toptenz.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/10-hercules.jpg
> >
> Wasn't this a spoof? The editorial certainly suggests it is!
>
> > Also, lets not forget how he holds Manhattan together after WWH causes it to split and the recent issue showing him holding up the heavens.
> >
> Sure, held up the heavens. Right. Can you actually supply me with the issue where he lifts Manhattan? I did ask Olympian but he went all quiet on it....

He towed Manhattan. I showed you that scan.
>
> > Now that I have provided these, you will later claim that I haven't and demand that I provide equivalent Marvel Hercules feats. I think that your memory is bad.
> >
> My memory is pretty good but as yet you have not supplied a thing outside of Hercules own bragging, Spoof issues and 1960s Stan Lee whimsy.

That wasn't a spoof issue. You are desperate now. That issue is continuity and all you have are the editors later on making a joke of the lack of logic with regard to physics (the same lack of logic prevalent in most comic feats). That doesn't make it a spoof.

>
>
> > >
> > > And after that i cordially invite you to follow me to a Non-Hulk thread titled 'Can Goku Contain Akire?', It's up top and will do you good \:\)
> >
> > Not interested.
> > >
> No i know you're not. You're not interested in much outside of the Hulk and following me around in any Hulk posts i might make.

No, I don't follow Goku nor Akire.
>
> A bit weird frankly...

Your lack of logic and poor memory is what is weird.
>
>
>



Posted with Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.17 on Windows XP
Alvaro's Comicboards powered by On Topic™ © 2003-2022 Powermad Software
All the content of these boards Copyright © 1996-2022 by Comicboards/TVShowboards. Software Copyright © 2003-2022 Powermad Software