1. There's no way to "win" a debate on here. Each side walks away thinking they've won.
2. Writers and editors contradict each other and sometimes themselves. Different writers have different criteria for what is impressive (OMG he lifted a mountain! versus OMG he moved a planet!).
3. Anything can be rationalized. Read "I, Robot" by Isaac Asimov for a good example of this.
4. It's fraggin' nerdy. My imaginary best friend can beat up your imaginary best friend? What's the point? I could be reading a book (a real one) and bettering myself or playing with my puppy or volunteering to help children instead of wasting my time refreshing the page.
5. Outright bias and people defending that kind of behavior. Double-standards. Apathy. People playing Devil's Advocate for no good reason. Lack of reading comprehension. Lack of proof (as if one can prove anything), and fanon being accepted as fact sometimes (worthiness of lifting Mjolnir, for instance). Pretty much people missing the point entirely; I do not care what your opinion is so long as you arrive at it in a manner that is acceptable. I do not care if you think Supergirl is stronger than Lobo because she was such a powerhouse in B/S, but I will object if you say it's because he beat her in armwrestling.
6. Let's face it. I'm a DC. I won't get into the details though.
I miss High Evolutionary, En Sabah Nur (though we disagreed on Galactus vs. Celestials), Ningen, and Dan. This place just isn't as fun anymore.
To those of you who were cool, it's been a memorable 6 years. To my numerous enemies, you know who you are, and quite honestly I've forgiven you.
Who knew about this? I mean what reason is there to have so many posting names? Do they all carry a different personality trait? Thats just bizzare! But I like it! Lol!