Subj: Eason-Mandy-Rockbottom...combined I think you guys sum it up perfectly and the rest*nt*Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 at 02:43:42 am EST (Viewed 5 times)
Reply Subj: Re: Jobbing: Is it always a bad thing?
Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 at 09:38:23 pm EST (Viewed 67 times)
Obvious jobbing is always a bad thing. It breaks suspension of disbelief. That, however, is not to say that the overdog should always beat the underdog. There is a plausible way to make most underdogs beat most overdogs. It's when it's really obvious that the overdog is being written magically much weaker and/or dumber than normal that jobbing is a bad thing. Technically, every fight is a jobbing, since these characters don't exist.
Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP
All the content of these boards Copyright © 1996-2022 by Comicboards/TVShowboards. Software Copyright © 2003-2022 Powermad Software
- Jobbing: Is it always a bad thing? · Fifthchild · Mon Dec 13, 2010 at 08:15:47 pm EST
- First of all, "jobbing" has been widely misused in this message board. · Odin's illegitimate Son · Tue Dec 14, 2010 at 03:19:11 pm EST
- As I understand the term, I would usually regard jobbing as a bad thing... · The Real Lance Eason · Mon Dec 13, 2010 at 11:46:09 pm EST
- No such thing as jobbing · Zeeder · Mon Dec 13, 2010 at 11:13:56 pm EST
- Re: Jobbing: Is it always a bad thing? · Bird-Man of Akah Ma'at · Mon Dec 13, 2010 at 10:36:07 pm EST
- Depends on the way the next Wolverine vs Hulk battle goes now doesnt it? ;) (no text) · Dark Marvel · Mon Dec 13, 2010 at 10:03:33 pm EST
- Excellent question. · Surly Rockbottom · Mon Dec 13, 2010 at 09:59:31 pm EST
- Re: Jobbing: Is it always a bad thing? · The Mandarin · Mon Dec 13, 2010 at 09:38:23 pm EST
- The term Jobbing as used on these boards many times is nothing more than complaining... · Gamma Ra · Mon Dec 13, 2010 at 09:36:56 pm EST
- Re: Jobbing: Is it always a bad thing? · bd2999 · Mon Dec 13, 2010 at 09:25:51 pm EST