Quote:The Hulk looks like he is resisting at best strong winds or waves of force. The lightning does not look like it is striking the hulk, but since Zeus is trying to intimidate him I could see wins. That is a common theme that beings like Zeus do whenever they try and intimidate someone in any work of fiction. Put on a light show with strong winds to try and blow someone away. If lightning were striking the Hulk I don't think he would be grinning.
Quote:Why is Hepahestus jumping out of the way? One, he knows Zeus is about to cut lose. Two, Zeus is not the type to really care about who gets hurt in his brawls. Three, Zeus may specifically not be having at the Hulk, but there is nothing to prevent a stray bolt from hurt Heph.
I can buy this. To clarify, I definitely don't think Zeus is hitting Hulk as hard as he did the first time or anything, but I think he is hitting him with some level of offensive power.
Quote:You tend to be one of the more reasonable Hulk fans...
Depends who I am trying to wind up at the time
Quote:how do you think it should go down? If we accept the premise that Zeus can increase his strength through will alone I would think that would give him a definite advantage over the Hulk. Even if we accept the premise of the Hulk truly having infinite strength, the Hulk's strength is tied to rage and motivation. That is often given as the reason why his strength fails at time, requires periods to climb, and why the WWH levels are so rare. Zeus can just augment his strength to those levels and beyond at a moment's notice just by thinking it. I would think this would give him a considerable advantage.
I think Hulk should definitely be a clear underdog, but he has some pretty extreme levels of motivation in this fight. I expect him to give a good accounting of himself in straight hand-to-hand, although I doubt (and wouldn't really want him to) look superior. If I was writing it, I'd play the healing factor up as keeping Hulk in the fight long enough for Hulk's strength to ramp up and keep him competitive with whatever Zeus is amping himself up to, and then have Zeus amp himself further and repeat. I'd make it very clear Hulk was the underdog even in fisticuffs though, like Thanos vs Odin kind of except without all the EP used in that fight.
Whatever way this pans out, I'm predicting an interesting time on the battle board ahead.
I will bet you dollars to donuts that Zeus will be rocked a couple of times in the next issue. Otherwise, why would Pak write this into a physical brawl?
From his Formspring page.
Tom, who's more powerful: Galactus or a Celestial?
I'd put my money on Galactus over any single Celestial.http://www.formspring.me/TomBrevoort
- IH #622 preview - Hulk vs Zeus is on! · Liam Gallaghers Unibrow · Fri Feb 04, 2011 at 12:23:13 am EST
- For battle board purposes, this story is irrelevant to gauge what a "skyfather"-level is. · Odin's illegitimate SOn · Sat Feb 05, 2011 at 12:11:53 pm EST
- This feels like a LOBO comic. Even if I do like Lobo, some of his stories are ridiculous, kind of like this one. (no text) · Odin's illegitimate Son · Sat Feb 05, 2011 at 11:51:20 am EST
- Re: IH #622 preview - Hulk vs Zeus is on! · Daveym · Fri Feb 04, 2011 at 01:43:55 pm EST
- Hilarious · markronimus · Fri Feb 04, 2011 at 11:49:52 am EST
- This is the strength vs power argument · Blacky · Fri Feb 04, 2011 at 11:39:13 am EST
- Well Thor has been able to hng with Zues · CHAD · Fri Feb 04, 2011 at 11:35:12 am EST
- Since I'm still bitter about the board treatment of Darkseid, I wonder... · Would be Watcher · Fri Feb 04, 2011 at 10:13:03 am EST
- 3 things we learn from the preview that are battleboard relevant · Zeeder · Fri Feb 04, 2011 at 10:10:11 am EST
- Ah... LOVIN the big Green guy! · smallfry · Fri Feb 04, 2011 at 09:37:47 am EST
- My predictions... · Maestro · Fri Feb 04, 2011 at 08:39:37 am EST
- In pure fist fight, Hulk should even win against Zeus · Marvelfan · Fri Feb 04, 2011 at 08:02:40 am EST
- Re: IH #622 preview - Hulk vs Zeus is on! · Bootch · Fri Feb 04, 2011 at 05:42:13 am EST
- Why is Zeus so big? · RANDOM · Fri Feb 04, 2011 at 04:45:05 am EST
- If its fisticuffs... · Fifthchild · Fri Feb 04, 2011 at 03:39:58 am EST
- Pretty much as Fifthchild and I predicted. · Friar Ko · Fri Feb 04, 2011 at 01:59:01 am EST
- Re: So has Zeus been promoted by Pak as top skyfather now? · Aang · Fri Feb 04, 2011 at 01:30:58 am EST
- I know everything is open to interpretation but (no text) · Rage · Fri Feb 04, 2011 at 12:39:19 am EST
- I don't think that is quite what happend. · seeker · Fri Feb 04, 2011 at 12:30:49 am EST