Subj: For battle board purposes, this story is irrelevant to gauge what a "skyfather"-level is.Posted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 at 11:11:53 am CST (Viewed 8 times)
Reply Subj: IH #622 preview - Hulk vs Zeus is on!
Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 at 11:23:13 pm CST (Viewed 80 times)
So much for Hulk being one-shotted by Zeus' lightning then. He actually gets back up from the first mahusive blast and shrugs off another huge shot from it in pretty impressive fashion.
And the other spoiler being that Hulk tempts Zeus into making it a fist-to-fist fight... I guess now we really are going to see just how far the "strongest one there is" shtick extends.
How will people react if Hulk flat-out overpowers or gets the better of Zeus in straight h2h?
A skyfather is known for his overall power, not just strength. Thor is stronger than Odin, but the latter is far more powerful. Looking forward, suppose the Hulk beat Zeus in hand-to-hand.... so what? A skyfather should be able to freeze time and teleport an immobile Hulk to another dimension with ease. And if Zeus were fighting the Hulk like how he fought Thor (you know with his lightning powers), then who knows exactly how long the green monster can last. A weakened Thor beat Tiwaz, a former skyfather (former all-father actually) in skill and strength, and the old guy can give life to an inanimate ice sculpture (soemthing beyond Thor's power).
So, let's not blow things out of propotion....This comic is a nice bit of fan service for Hulk fans...yay, the hulk beat an old guy (while the latter is holding his other powers in check).
- IH #622 preview - Hulk vs Zeus is on! · Liam Gallaghers Unibrow · Thu Feb 03, 2011 at 11:23:13 pm CST
- For battle board purposes, this story is irrelevant to gauge what a "skyfather"-level is. · Odin's illegitimate SOn · Sat Feb 05, 2011 at 11:11:53 am CST
- This feels like a LOBO comic. Even if I do like Lobo, some of his stories are ridiculous, kind of like this one. (no text) · Odin's illegitimate Son · Sat Feb 05, 2011 at 10:51:20 am CST
- Re: IH #622 preview - Hulk vs Zeus is on! · Daveym · Fri Feb 04, 2011 at 12:43:55 pm CST
- Hilarious · markronimus · Fri Feb 04, 2011 at 10:49:52 am CST
- This is the strength vs power argument · Blacky · Fri Feb 04, 2011 at 10:39:13 am CST
- Well Thor has been able to hng with Zues · CHAD · Fri Feb 04, 2011 at 10:35:12 am CST
- Since I'm still bitter about the board treatment of Darkseid, I wonder... · Would be Watcher · Fri Feb 04, 2011 at 09:13:03 am CST
- 3 things we learn from the preview that are battleboard relevant · Zeeder · Fri Feb 04, 2011 at 09:10:11 am CST
- Ah... LOVIN the big Green guy! · smallfry · Fri Feb 04, 2011 at 08:37:47 am CST
- My predictions... · Maestro · Fri Feb 04, 2011 at 07:39:37 am CST
- In pure fist fight, Hulk should even win against Zeus · Marvelfan · Fri Feb 04, 2011 at 07:02:40 am CST
- Re: IH #622 preview - Hulk vs Zeus is on! · Bootch · Fri Feb 04, 2011 at 04:42:13 am CST
- Why is Zeus so big? · RANDOM · Fri Feb 04, 2011 at 03:45:05 am CST
- If its fisticuffs... · Fifthchild · Fri Feb 04, 2011 at 02:39:58 am CST
- Pretty much as Fifthchild and I predicted. · Friar Ko · Fri Feb 04, 2011 at 12:59:01 am CST
- Re: So has Zeus been promoted by Pak as top skyfather now? · Aang · Fri Feb 04, 2011 at 12:30:58 am CST
- I know everything is open to interpretation but (no text) · Rage · Thu Feb 03, 2011 at 11:39:19 pm CST
- I don't think that is quite what happend. · seeker · Thu Feb 03, 2011 at 11:30:49 pm CST