Member Since: Sat May 17, 2008
Subj: Re: Superman writer admits that the Hulk could beat Superman Posted: Tue May 16, 2017 at 03:25:18 pm EDT (Viewed 171 times)
Reply Subj: Re: Superman writer admits that the Hulk could beat Superman
Posted: Tue May 16, 2017 at 12:40:17 pm EDT (Viewed 207 times)
You have to admire the reasoning:
"Pak isn’t being biased; he wrote Clark Kent and Superman during his three-year run on DC’s Action Comics."
That definitely make him incapable of being biased... For sure... :/
But seriously, how does it always come down to strength only when Hulk is in a fight? I can see so many much more important variables to consider in and yet, let's just pretend they do not exist because Hulk is all about strength...
You got to love comics...
Just because Pak wrote Superman doesn't mean he's not biased. Everyone, no matter how partial they are or try to be, has some bias in them. Everyone has their favorite characters or likes this character better than that character.
And if Pak says Hulk can beat Superman, he obviously likes Hulk more. Thus, he's biased.
It's interesting that a hero/villain performs one amazing feat, or use a power they haven't used for 20+ years, and that automatically propels them to a high status despite scans and evidence to the contrary. I don't know what is worse, selective feat picking that has only been done once or twice 20, or more, years ago or ignoring evidence from scans or the lack thereof. We need to stop putting our favorite heroes/villains on pedestals and start putting them where they really belong. But it's evident that people never will because they would rather accuse others of cherry picking feats, when they don't, and being 'morally superior' when they aren't. I guess being honest and as fair as possible only opens one up to being the target of childish accusations and fault finding by those who insist on acting petty and childish. What happened to a good debate between two civil, mature, adults?
Posted with Mozilla 11.0 on Windows 7
All the content of these boards Copyright © 1996-2018 by Alvaro Ortiz and Dave Galanter. Software Copyright © 2003-2018 Powermad Software
- Superman writer admits that the Hulk could beat Superman · G.Puke · Tue May 16, 2017 at 05:55:19 am EDT
- Re: Superman writer admits that the Hulk could beat Superman · paolo · Wed May 17, 2017 at 02:59:34 pm EDT
- Re: writers have their opinions too, but they do not set the totality of potential for any given character on their own... · Marv · Wed May 17, 2017 at 02:05:53 pm EDT
- er, Hulk CAN beat Superman.... · Bk Ray · Tue May 16, 2017 at 06:44:48 pm EDT
- Not sure why this is news. · Poltargyst · Tue May 16, 2017 at 06:27:43 pm EDT
- OR, 'Hulk (fanboy) writer *asserts* that Hulk could beat Superman' NT · Vidar · Tue May 16, 2017 at 06:08:19 pm EDT
- I think that he can beat Superman is not in question... · bd2999 · Tue May 16, 2017 at 04:08:34 pm EDT
- Re: Superman writer admits that the Hulk could beat Superman · Knight · Tue May 16, 2017 at 03:22:12 pm EDT
- Marvel already has shown superman beating hulk..... · Captainidiot · Tue May 16, 2017 at 01:50:34 pm EDT
- More like "Hulk fan-boy writer asserts Hulk could beat Superman" ;) (no text) · UName · Tue May 16, 2017 at 01:17:15 pm EDT
- Re: Superman writer admits that the Hulk could beat Superman · Would be Watcher · Tue May 16, 2017 at 12:40:17 pm EDT
- Gee Pak thinks Hulk woudl win what a suprise...lol *nt* · MysteryMan · Tue May 16, 2017 at 08:44:06 am EDT
- Honestly, I think its obvious that the Hulk could beat Superman · Braugi · Tue May 16, 2017 at 07:50:37 am EDT