Quote:It's not interesting. I'm just bored of having the same conversation again and again.
Strange that you're engaging in it then.
Wow, another straw man? Please point out anywhere that I stated I thought they were real.
Quote:Ok, it's like this. Thor and Superman aren't real Zvelf. Yeah, sorry about that.
Quote:Ok, so the Spiderman fight against Firelord? Yeah, that was actually published in Spiderman's own comic series. Yeah, Firelord has never had his own comic. The whole point of that arc, was that Spiderman wasn't supposed to have a chance, it's pretty much all over the issue. Yeah, I know Firelord has Unearthly body armour, but they don't roll dice when creating the comic.
So you're agreeing with me that one fight is not determinative of all possible fight outcomes? Great. Point for me.
Quote:You see there's been not many published crossovers in our time. The whole point of them, is that when they show clear winners, that's what they are both agreeing to. Now, in these times, they can't make the loser be completelyone sided. They put in a few comments, but yeah
So you think that Iron Man and Hawkeye are clearly superior to Captain Atom and Green Arrow, whom they beat in the comic? You think there's no room for anyone to believe Captain Atom might be able to take a majority in a fight against Iron Man and Hawkeye?
I don't need to discuss your obsession with fight except that PT has already done a fine job addressing your points in a different thread below.
Quote:This pretty much solidifies that Superman is the most powerful hero.
And yet when Superman touched Mjolnir, he was awed by its power. It's kind of hard to be awed by a power that's less than yourself, wouldn't you say?
Quote:DC and Marvel had no intention of doing another fight. What would be the point? Are they just going to do series of Thor getting beat down all the time? What's the point of that?
That you have to assume the conclusion in your arguments toward that conclusion is indicative of how weak your hand is here in this debate.
I love the bantz, it's amazing.
If Thor EVER beats Supes man, I will do the hokey kokey naked in city centre and post it on youtube.
You moan when I don't post, then you moan that I do. What is it?
I am making the point (that you seem to be struggling to grasp), that as comics are primarily a vehicle to garner commercial success, followed by a creative outlet, that some fights are more relevant to a company policy than others.
No one really cares about Firelord. More people care about a DC and Marvel sanctioned Heavyweight match.
On the contrary, I am saying that Company policy dictates ALL outcomes. Do you understand that?
No one cares about Captain Atom vs Iron Man.
Could you point out where PT has done a fine job? I'd be grateful.
Not really regarding 'awe'. I was stuck in a maths class, when 17 of us had to give separate lessons on the A Level syllabus. Maggie and I picked stats, the engineers picked mechanical maths, the pure mathematicians picked core maths. We are all awed by the knowledge of others. I couldn't do an in-depth lesson on mechanical mathematics, nor could the engineers handle the stats. Who is better at maths?
Commercially, would you buy another comic series where Thor gets beaten repeatedly?
Moderator: Spiderman Board,
Moderator: Star Trek Board
- Thor vs Black Adam · Oliva · Wed Dec 20, 2017 at 09:59:01 pm EST
- Probably Thor, but hella close (no text) · RodimusPrime · Tue Dec 26, 2017 at 06:57:46 pm EST
- So let me get this perfectly straight... · Oliva · Sat Dec 23, 2017 at 12:59:38 am EST
- Re: The last time virtually the entire board weighed in on this fight, the result was... · zvelf · Fri Dec 22, 2017 at 11:01:51 am EST
- Re: Thor vs Black Adam · The Shuruku Demon · Fri Dec 22, 2017 at 10:21:29 am EST
- Re: Didn't Thor beat Billy, Adams equal? (no text) · Primetime · Fri Dec 22, 2017 at 09:39:25 am EST
- Black Adam ko's Thor. Thor then says to Hawkman (not Black Adam), things may be different next time, Thor fans then say this is a win for Thor. · Bk Ray · Fri Dec 22, 2017 at 03:33:17 am EST
- Speed kills. Thor dies. (no text) · UName · Thu Dec 21, 2017 at 01:00:16 pm EST
- Re: Thor vs Black Adam · Reverend Meteor · Thu Dec 21, 2017 at 11:40:28 am EST
- Re: Thor vs Black Adam · Captainidiot · Thu Dec 21, 2017 at 10:49:51 am EST