|Comic Battle >> View Post|
Subj: My Rankings
Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 at 03:33:59 pm EST (Viewed 175 times)
Reply Subj: Rate these in terms of strength
Posted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 at 12:25:40 am EST (Viewed 282 times)
1. SUPERBOY-PRIME: I actually have scans to prove this guy can move planets. That fact is easy to miss, but I have recently re-read Infinite Crisis and saved the evidence. Even if he's not a planet mover, he is EASILY stronger than every character on this list considering how hard it was to beat this guy.
2. DOOMSDAY: He may have no "lifting" feats (or very few of them), but whenever he fights Superman, it's obvious who is stronger. On top of that, Doomsday devastated the GLC thousands of years ago in Doomsday: Year One, demolished two different versions of the Justice League, beat Orion AND the Martian Manhunter at the same time and not even Wonder Woman herself could stand up to him for long. Plus, Doomsday beat Darkseid in just seconds. As much as some fans would like to think that was an avatar, there is no evidence to support such a theory.
3. DARKSEID: It's hard to quantify Darkseid's strength when he has so few lifting feats. His fights with Superman place him at least a peer in strength, perhaps a little stronger or weaker depending on the writer. However, recently Darkseid has shown the ability to beat the entire Justice League before being beaten himself. Not even Superman could take this guy on by himself (as it should be). He's also faced Wonder Woman in her own book just a month or two ago and not even she could beat him when he was still a teenager. And then he went on to kill Zeus. That's how powerful Darkseid is. He's more than earned his spot as #3 on my list because of all that.
4. SUPERMAN, GENERAL ZOD, BIZARRO, CAPTAIN MARVEL (Billy Batson), BLACK ADAM: I placed General Zod as equal to Superman because some months ago, he had Superman at his mercy in a fight with no help from anyone else. Bizarro is a clone, so that places him in the same ranking as Superman even if he cannot, or will not, ever utilize his strength the same way Superman does. Billy has been repeatedly said to be Superman's equal many times, even by Superman himself. They have even arm wrestled for hours without a winner being determined. And because Billy has beaten Black Adam repeatedly, I place Adam on even footing with Superman because of his highest end feat: World War III. Adam took on most of the strongest beings of the DCU and nearly won. That's got to count for something, right?
5. SUPERGIRL, URSA/FAORA, MARTIAN MANHUNTER, ERADICATOR, CYBORG SUPERMAN: Ursa/Faora might be stronger than Kara but they haven't proved it. And since she is a fully adult Kryptonian, she already has a high level of strength, so she's at least Kara's equal. J'onn moved a third of the Earth along with Superman and Diana, so his strength is up there too. However, Kara once had the Martian at her mercy, so she might be a smidgen stronger than him. Eradicator and Cyborg SHOULD be equal with Superman but they haven't proven it. But each one is a tough cookie so they get placed here.
It's worth noting that in the Post Crisis/New Earth Continuity Supergirl once beat Ultraman, who is every bit Superman's equal in strength. This was at a time where she lived a year in the bottled city of Kandor, conserving her powers (no access to yellow sunlight) and in a weakened condition while Ultraman was fully powered. Kara fought Ultraman again later when she was a member of the Justice League. That fight ended in a stalemate. And that alone is why I have ranked her here. The only thing stopping me from putting Supergirl higher on my list is the fact she doesn't have nearly as many strength feats as some of the ones I've placed above her. Still, these feats are incredibly impressive, which is why I rank her here on my list.
6. MONGUL: Mongul once fought Superman, Batman AND Wonder Woman at the same time. None of them could stop him from escaping. Some fans think this fight proved Mongul one shot Diana but it's not. Still, he did knock her away some distance and he fought her as well as Superman at the same time. For me, that puts Mongul ahead of her in strength. What stops Mongul from being ranked higher is the fact that Cyborg Superman easily proved who is stronger between the two.
7. WONDER WOMAN: Based on feats, I place Wonder Woman here. She once moved a third of the Earth with help from Superman and J'onn but she has never duplicated a feat even close to that since then. And that is her best strength feat. Usually just a little weaker than Superman, she's still at least two steps down from him in strength. If she's shown to be stronger, or better, it's only through her superb martial arts skills rather than with her raw physical strength. And that easily leads to some fans getting the misconception that she's stronger than she actually is when, in reality, she's not.
It's interesting that a hero/villain performs one amazing feat, or use a power they haven't used for 20+ years, and that automatically propels them to a high status despite scans and evidence to the contrary. I don't know what is worse, selective feat picking that has only been done once or twice 20, or more, years ago or ignoring evidence from scans or the lack thereof. We need to stop putting our favorite heroes/villains on pedestals and start putting them where they really belong. But it's evident that people never will because they would rather accuse others of cherry picking feats, when they don't, and being 'morally superior' when they aren't. I guess being honest and as fair as possible only opens one up to being the target of childish accusations and fault finding by those who insist on acting petty and childish. What happened to a good debate between two civil, mature, adults?