Subj: I think fans would actually embrace a well done Superman or Batman movie...Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 at 10:45:47 am EST (Viewed 111 times)
Reply Subj: Re: My explanation
Posted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 at 06:10:36 pm EST (Viewed 139 times)
Quote:The explanation is that Zach Snyder is a horrible writer, director, and producer and he drove the DCEU into the ground. Notably, the most praised DCEU film is Wonder Woman, which Snyder did not work on. If you watch Snyder’s pre-DCEU films, it’s clear that the only thing he’s good at are flashy visuals. He can’t write worth a damn, his plots are juvenile, his characters are cardboard caricatures, and he embraces that 1990s comics aesthetic that somehow thinks grim and gritty is automatically cool. That aesthetic is particularly wrong for Superman.
Agreed, Zach Snyder's style has long since passed and is not endearing fans in today's market. Batman and Superman are played out. Fans are dying to see other DC characters hit the big screen and that's why WW did so well because BM & SM were not the main hero.
Quote:Kevin Feige had a vision for the MCU and he executed it well, certainly not close to perfect, but well. The MCU movies were plotted out well in advance and patiently revealed and built up each character so that when they finally came together, it meant something. The MCU gave each major character their own movie, and Marvel could give each new character an extra push by tossing another character into their movie. Black Widow stars in Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Falcon gets a cameo in Ant-Man, Iron Man plays a significant role in Spider-Man: Homecoming, Hulk guest stars in Thor: Ragnarok, and so on.
Quote:The DCEU tried to rush everything into BvS and Justice League and did it extremely clumsily. You were never going to do justice to the um, Justice League by trying to develop Aquaman, Cyborg, and Flash all in one movie that also had to give significant screen time to Batman, Wonder Woman, and Superman, not to mention totally forgettable villain, Steppenwolf. And given all of DC’s many iconic villains, why pick a C-lister like Steppenwolf who nobody knows or cares about? Justice League is your Avengers. It’s time to lead big. Also, by making Superman look superior to the rest of the Justice League, in their debut movie nonetheless, diminishes the rest of them. The animated Justice League/Justice League Unlimited is infinitely better than the movie.
So true, DC rushed their big movies trying to play catch up to Marvel who has being doing this for years and from past experience sometimes things just can't be rushed. You can't age wine over night into a great vintage, you can't make a stew in a 2 minute microwave and expect for it to be good quality. You can't tell a comic story in 1 movie and expect the fans to fall in line. DC is at Darkseid's lieutenant already and its just 2 movies really guys?
Quote:How about the Arrowverse, and Agents of Shield...Preferences, thoughts, etc?
Two great series and Arrowverse is good because Superman and Batman are not the main heroes. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is just riding the coattails of the movies which is fine. DC should make the movies from the TV series since it is better and more expanded.
we just haven't gotten them...and its hard to do a reboot in less than a decade IMO....
- Why are Marvel movies doing so much better than those in DC...also shared tv universe stuff · Braugi · Fri Feb 09, 2018 at 10:39:31 am EST
- How about the JSA as a starter? · Bk Ray · Tue Feb 13, 2018 at 04:24:01 am EST
- DC CAN make good filns, · Bk Ray · Sat Feb 10, 2018 at 05:01:40 am EST
- The majority of Marvel movies don't suck out loud... · RodimusPrime · Fri Feb 09, 2018 at 07:28:44 pm EST
- Re: My explanation · zvelf · Fri Feb 09, 2018 at 02:45:00 pm EST
- Re: Why are Marvel movies doing so much better than those in DC...also shared tv universe stuff · Visitor · Fri Feb 09, 2018 at 02:29:30 pm EST
- Re: Why are Marvel movies doing so much better than those in DC...also shared tv universe stuff · Knight · Fri Feb 09, 2018 at 12:25:32 pm EST
- Re: Why are Marvel movies doing so much better than those in DC...also shared tv universe stuff · Would be Watcher · Fri Feb 09, 2018 at 11:25:28 am EST
- Re: Why are Marvel movies doing so much better than those in DC...also shared tv universe stuff · bd2999 · Fri Feb 09, 2018 at 11:16:27 am EST
- My basic impressions of the movies, and how much I have liked the respective stuff · Braugi · Fri Feb 09, 2018 at 10:57:23 am EST