|Community >> View Post|
Posted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 at 12:13:10 am EDT (Viewed 771 times)
Reply Subj: Wrong
Posted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 at 11:47:54 pm EDT (Viewed 824 times)
Then can I ask you what would be the appropriate word describing your investment if faith doesn't cut it? Because there is an investment on your part in one direction that differ from some and is shared by some others. That much is hard to argue against. Saying there is no investment on your part would be like trying to convince me you made no choice when in fact not making a choice is a choice. You can't escape it. So if we have a semantic disagreement fine but what word would you use?
Here are some definitions for the word faith
1. Confident belief in the truth, value, or trustworthiness of a person, idea, or thing.
2. Belief that does not rest on logical proof or material evidence. See Synonyms at belief, trust.
3. Loyalty to a person or thing; allegiance: keeping faith with one's supporters.
4. often Faith Christianity The theological virtue defined as secure belief in God and a trusting acceptance of God's will.
5. The body of dogma of a religion: the Muslim faith.
6. A set of principles or beliefs.
as you can see it goes way beyond religion and, IMHO, would be a pretty good word to use here... Anyway, I would appreciate if you would accept to clarify what you mean.
Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP
|Alvaro's Comicboards powered by On Topic™ © 2003-2022 Powermad Software|