|Community >> View Post|
Subj: Re: Not Sure How I Feel About This.
Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 at 10:28:33 am EDT (Viewed 778 times)
Reply Subj: Re: Not Sure How I Feel About This.
Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 at 07:24:11 pm EDT (Viewed 827 times)
I have so many different feelings about this whole thing.
Biggest of all is the betrayal I feel as a fan. I'm part of the generation that grew up with Fat Albert, Jell-O commercials, etc., and I have some knowledge of his segments on Captain Kangaroo (I was a teen by then, but...). I have some early memories of I Spy and his 60s sitcom, too, before they were syndicated. I was wishing he were my dad even before the Huxtables. I don't think any other actor could be considered more of a father figure than him. Not sure how I'll come to terms regarding his acting works.
- Chuck Berry did some horrible things too, but I still love his music.
- Elvis too... but I'm not that big a fan, anyway.
- Steven Tyler too.
- Charlie Chaplin knocked up a 15-year-old, but I watch his movies.
- I still haven't decided on how to treat Roman Polanski's works.
- Tom Baker, my favourite Doctor, did some really scummy things.
- Sean Connery thinks it's fine and dandy to hit women.
- Should I not watch Ferris Bueller because of what the principal did IRL?
- Ferris Bueller, himself, even killed a mother and daughter and only paid $175 for it. It seems to have been an accident not under the influence of anything, but he should have done something more.
- What about the dad from 7th Heaven?
WTF is next? Is Scooby-Doo going to rip out my throat? What did the Fonz do IRL that I don't know of? Jack Tripper?! How could you!
Disgust. Rage. And for the victims, utter sympathy, and then happiness for their win (it's as much theirs as it is the main victim of this trial).
City of Heroes is BACK!
Posted with Mozilla Firefox 59.0 on Windows 10
|Alvaro's Comicboards powered by On Topic™ © 2003-2022 Powermad Software|