I wanted to sum up things and since I am tired of name calling and fluff in general I am just going to put it here as clearly as possible to varying things I remember.
1. I do not see a major difference between the law and what the law is now. On the loosest of interpretations you may be right but that does not mean that it would ever happen.
2. I think you were too quick to jump to the most extreme situation, accuse them of that being the goal and calling them evil.
3. The only parts of the law that are different is the removal of criminal penalties and the addition of health in addition to life. Why isn't the doctor the best judge of that? Dr's do this sort of thing.
4. I would be opposed to any law that would make it ok for a woman to have an abortion of a healthy fetus and no threat to her in any way for reasons of depression or anxiety or similar.
I do not see the law that way. I do not see doctors reading the law that way. Doctor's take their job seriously. Based only on personal experience and being around numerous physicians through my life, they take it seriously to protect all lives.
They would only do this if there was an extreme medical need.
5. I think you make a leap of logic that is unfounded, as the final point has not happened. In my view politics should stay out of medical matters except for probably why it costs so much (and various approval duties to make sure things work).
I am honestly tired of the name calling, accusations and what have you. Just in general. I am guilty and I can only control me, but I wanted to separate my thoughts from everything else.
This is long, and I apologize for that. But I recommend all involved with the thread check out this link...
It is hardly the end all be all. Nor does it cover the topic directly on the law front, but there is reason for it to be done, despite gross pictures. I do not see a major difference in the laws honestly. Unless one wants to take a point to an extreme. That is your right, but I strongly disagree with it and disagree that doctors will abort babies for that reason. And do not think that the legislature intended that.
It seems much ado about nothing for an unlikely situation.