|DC Universe >> View Post|
Subj: Re: Injustice 2
Posted: Tue May 30, 2017 at 12:28:07 pm EDT (Viewed 145 times)
Reply Subj: Injustice 2
Posted: Fri May 19, 2017 at 08:33:12 pm EDT (Viewed 167 times)
Quote:Do you enjoy this game?
The gameplay itself, yes. I'm loving the gear system and Multiverse even though I wish it had more variety like the S.T.A.R. Labs missions in the first game. But I hate the story and it's premise just as I hated the story from the first game. Some love the story and I'll never understand why. The moment the Devs decided to make Superman an evil dictator is the moment they ruined the story in these games. They could have, AND SHOULD have, come up with a better story than fighting against an evil Superman. Worse, they aren't even bothering with giving him a redemption storyline where he finds his way back to the light.
I miss the battles where I can play through as one character and fight a certain number of enemies as my character suffers poison or I have a limited amount of time or I go from one battle to the next on one health bar, etc , etc. A large portion of this is missing from the first game. Some of it made it here in Injustice 2, but not all of it.
The graphics are very nice, the environments are superbly done. Learning all the moves of every character isn't very hard. It is repetitive, however, trying to learn them (depending on how good your memory is). I love watching all the Supermoves and it never gets old watching them even if I'm on the receiving end of some of them.
Minor nitpicks really bug me though:
1. Superman and Damian have BLACK HAIR not brown.
2. Blue Beetle's costume is Black and Blue not Gray and Blue. Worse, there is ZERO option to change it to the correct way.
3. Supergirl's default costume is UGLY. Red gloves? A yellow/gold shield that has the red on the inside and NO option to change it back to the NORMAL way? I like the 'pants' though, that's a nice touch. I just wish there were options to give her long sleeves with no gloves and the change the color of that horrible shield back to the way it SHOULD be.
4. Green Lantern's costume is Black and Green NOT Grey and green! Fortunately, there is an option to have black and green. Not exactly the way I would want it but I'll take it.
5. This is a DC game, not a Mortal Kombat game. So, instead of giving us more DC characters, they are giving us, not one, but TWO Mortal Kombat characters (Sub-Zero and Raiden). On one hand, it's cool to have them in this game (or will be once they arrive). On the other hand, I really wish they would have spent the time and money on DC characters instead.
6. Some of these characters (like Batman, Damian, Poison Ivy, Cheetah, Brainiac and ESPECIALLY Black Adam) need to seriously be NERFED and BADLY. Each one can do far too much combo damage with their abilities and often before I can manage to get one hit in. Before I know it, I'm down to my last health bar in a matter of seconds. It's for this reason that I loathe fighting them in any mode.
It's interesting that a hero/villain performs one amazing feat, or use a power they haven't used for 20+ years, and that automatically propels them to a high status despite scans and evidence to the contrary. I don't know what is worse, selective feat picking that has only been done once or twice 20, or more, years ago or ignoring evidence from scans or the lack thereof. We need to stop putting our favorite heroes/villains on pedestals and start putting them where they really belong. But it's evident that people never will because they would rather accuse others of cherry picking feats, when they don't, and being 'morally superior' when they aren't. I guess being honest and as fair as possible only opens one up to being the target of childish accusations and fault finding by those who insist on acting petty and childish. What happened to a good debate between two civil, mature, adults?
Posted with Mozilla 11.0 on Windows 7
|Alvaro's Comicboards powered by On Topic™ © 2003-2017 Powermad Software|