Member Since: Sat May 17, 2008
Member Since: Sun Jan 20, 2013
Subj: Re: FF power tweaksPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 at 06:28:41 pm EDT (Viewed 79 times)
Reply Subj: FF power tweaks
Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 at 07:39:16 pm EDT (Viewed 134 times)
Does the FF need them? I say YES!
Here are my ideas:
1. Thing: It will be revealed that after Secret Wars (where he became the great wall of battleworld) that Ben has always been able to influence his mass but never really utilized that ability. I'd have Ben be able to increase his mass to become stronger and play with the heavy hitters. It can only last short term due to the strain on his body. His regular form would still be his default but I'd add a smaller form where his rocky epidermis is super dense and it would be very difficult to seriously hurt him but the trade off would be decrease in strength.
2. Johnny: building on Reverend Meteor's idea of having Johnny burn a blue flame, why not give him the whole spectrum? Each color would have different effects and I'd reveal that the color also effects his personality. Johnny has been a jerk and a hot head over the years because he's constantly burned red. Perhaps blue would be soothing and calm him down.
3. Sue: I'd remove the almost-telekinetic powers. I know a lot of folks might hate that as it takes away a lot of the power that writers like Byrne gave her, but hear me out. She's still be able to become invisible, project force fields, etc. What I'd add is the ability to "see the unseen". Why is Sue always so intuitive? Because she can sense what normal people cannot. While not a mind reader she would be skilled at sensing what people are hiding or keeping hidden. Furthermore she could see or sense invisible portals or gateways to other dimensions. I'd also give her true invisibility, undetectable by technology. She'd be much more of a stealth character.
4. Reed: the hardest to re-imagine. I'd probably have him lose his stretching powers altogether. His real power is his mind. Maybe it's time for an de-powered I'm sure Reed could really turn his costume into a high-tech device, competing with Stark and Doom. I don't know, Reed's tough.
5. Kids: make Franklin 11 or 12 slowly developing his powers. Stop with the universe creating, it's annoying. Valeria: just a normal kid, no big brain.
Everyone else in the MU has had power upgrades, second mutations, etc. The FF need to keep up.
Thing - just let his gradual cosmic absorption into strength, explain why he is a borderline Class 100. Let him use his fighting abilities and willpower show him to be why he can be a challenge to the Hulk and it is not automatically assumed Hulk will beat him each and every time.
Human Torch - showcase the 'Nova Flame' again, let this be something that can affect the Ultron's etc again. Let him use his brains and experience sensibly. Like has already been mentioned, allow him to use his heat sapping abilities. Perhaps show his abilities as being pyrotechnic.
Invisible Woman - just make her telekinetic. Allow the invisibility to be another power. She's powerful enough already.
Mr Fantastic - again, showcase the strength, also allow him to have true shape shifting abilities, with a combination of Mystique/Plastic Man.
Posted with Google Chrome 61.0.3163.100 on Windows 10
All the content of these boards Copyright © 1996-2018 by Alvaro Ortiz and Dave Galanter. Software Copyright © 2003-2018 Powermad Software