|The Flash >> View Post|
Subj: Here is a list of possible speedsters that could be the Season 3 Big Bad
Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 at 10:39:24 pm BST (Viewed 621 times)
Reply Subj: Season 3 alert! new speedster!
Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 at 05:14:12 pm BST (Viewed 657 times)
I hope it's none of them as I really hope it's Mirror Master. The showrunners keep promising to use him but they never have yet.
Here's a list (NOT mine) of the Possible Big Bad of Season 3 and my comments on each.
1. Hunter Zolomon: Been there, done that. I don't even want to see a character who was a Cop and gain Time Powers similar to his comic counterpart. No thanks. Moving on...
2. Danny West AKA the new ZOOM: Iris West's brother and apparently this guy was introduced in the New 52...Um, I don't think this one is going to work. He is not even remotely an option. Mostly because the showrunners were too lazy to introduce Fake Wally as Iris's nephew and search for a younger actor. If that trend continues, I don't see Danny West coming into the show or a new Zoom.
3. Future Flash: This one is a bit ridiculous. If I understand this one correctly, this is a future doppleganger of the Flash who comes back in time to undo everything Barry Allen has done in the present. Oooook....Moving on....
4. Johnny Quick: WHY is a HERO on Comic Book Resources list?! There is NO WAY he is the season 3 big bad. Like John Fox, Johnny is a HERO not a villain. Moving on...
Note: But it would be cool if he did appear and it was revealed he is the biological father of Jesse. Let's hope this happens.
5. The Black Flash: Black Flash appears whenever a speedster is about to die then when they do die, the Black Flash claims their life. This guy is a force of nature, the grim reaper of the Flash family (or anyone connected to the Speed Force). If the showrunners really wanted to get spooky, they could reveal the Black Flash as the season 3 big bad. And no, it's NOT Zoom. I'd rather see someone else play this guy. But in all honesty, the Black Flash is the ultimate villain and there is a certain finality about death (or should be anyway), so I really think the Black Flash should be reserved as the big bad for the series final season.
6. Savitar: Named after the Hindu god of motion, Savitar is absolutely obsessed with speed and learning everything he can about it. Worse, he's the leader of a cult and the only way Wally actually beat him was by giving Savitar everything he wanted. Trapped in the Speed Force, Savitar has rarely been seen since.
The big bad of season 3 could be Savitar. The wings on the mask remind me of the ones as seen in the on set pic some people have seen. While I really would rather the season 3 big bad be Mirror Master, I wouldn't mind at all if it turned out to be Savitar even IF he is a Wally villain.
7. John Fox: The Flash from the 27th century who tried to replace Wally West as the Flash in the 20th century, but failed. So, he time jumped and became the Flash of the 853rd century.
This guy is highly unlikely. John shouldn't even be on Comic Book Resources list. John Fox is a good guy not a bad guy.
It's interesting that a hero/villain performs one amazing feat, or use a power they haven't used for 20+ years, and that automatically propels them to a high status despite scans and evidence to the contrary. I don't know what is worse, selective feat picking that has only been done once or twice 20, or more, years ago or ignoring evidence from scans or the lack thereof. We need to stop putting our favorite heroes/villains on pedestals and start putting them where they really belong. But it's evident that people never will because they would rather accuse others of cherry picking feats, when they don't, and being 'morally superior' when they aren't. I guess being honest and as fair as possible only opens one up to being the target of childish accusations and fault finding by those who insist on acting petty and childish. What happened to a good debate between two civil, mature, adults?