|The Flash >> View Post|
Subj: Re: Writers confrim next years crossover deals with the future Newspaper headline
Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 at 02:16:16 pm EST (Viewed 694 times)
Reply Subj: Re: Writers confrim next years crossover deals with the future Newspaper headline
Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 at 12:03:42 pm EST (Viewed 698 times)
Quote:Thawne didn't 'mess with the timeline'. He created a divergent reality. That's the key. No timeline has been changed. The 'original' timeline (where Nora lives) is still out there, unchanged. And whenever Barry or Thawne have travelled back to the past all they've done is created more divergents.
Point me to the episode where we learn this. Or point me to a similar situation that played out where someone made a change in the past and we were told that a divergent timeline was created and that the original timeline was intact.
Because if you're right...
1. Eddie killed himself for nothing
2. Savitar wouldn't have disappeared
3. John Diggle's daughter Sara would still be alive somewhere and John's just too lazy to go look for her
4. The time remnants wouldn't exist...they exist to prevent time paradoxes...if the timeline splits off into a divergence then there shouldn't be a paradox...or a need for time remnants.
5. The Legends serve absolutely no purpose because no changes in time actually matter.
On Flash when someone changes the past...the past is changed. In other works of fiction the rules are different. When people mess with the past on Flash or Legends their actions replace the previous timeline.
At Marvel before Secret Wars I would agree you're spawning a new timeline every time you make a change. But I don't think DC's multiverse works that way. Back when the DC comics multiverse was only 52 worlds you can't say every possible possibility is played out on an alternate world.
When Eobard changes the past he replaced original Barry's timeline. Thus whatever that Barry did to save the universe/multiverse from that crisis event was undone.
Posted with Mozilla Firefox 64.0 on Windows 7
|Alvaro's Comicboards powered by On Topic™ © 2003-2018 Powermad Software|