|Green Arrow >> View Post|
Subj: Re: The Finale and the Pilot
Posted: Fri May 26, 2017 at 09:29:28 pm CDT (Viewed 10 times)
Reply Subj: The Finale and the Pilot
Posted: Fri May 26, 2017 at 07:16:02 pm CDT (Viewed 930 times)
Quote:Because the Season Five Finale flashback brought us full circle to where we began, I felt the need to watch the Season 1 Pilot last night to see how well the two dovetailed together. I noticed a few things, and first off was, “WOW all the actors look so young!” After that I took notes on how well the two episodes chronologically 5 years apart fit together.
HAHA!! I rewatched the pilot before the finale. Yup, was amazed at how much people had aged in 5 yrs. Remind me not to look in the mirror.
Quote:Things in perfect sync:
1) The Pilot sees Ollie scarred in various ways (lashes, bullets, and burns) which would all eventually be explained.
2) Everyone is amazed that Ollie speaks Russian, now fully explained.
3) Ollie has the Brahtwa (sp?) tattoo on his chest right from the get go.
4) The Scene in the Finale in which Ollie lights the signal fire and is rescued by the two fishermen was reused footage from the Pilot (only we never saw him dawn a wig until the Season Finale).
Things that didn’t fit:
1) In the Pilot Ollie is tortured by Sarah’s death, but the eventual flashbacks tell us he should have known she survived the ship wreck. BTW the Pilot had a different actress play Sarah than is currently playing her on Legends of Tomorrow.
2) Ollie did not have an open wound where Dolph Lundgren had just stabbed him in the Finale flashback.
1) Sara survived the original shipwreck, but she was pulled out to water again when Oliver and Slade were aboard IVo's boat. Oliver thought it better to leave out the details of Sara being a co-tortuer on the Amazo. Let the family have the ideal of the slut losing her life being washed out sea from the Gambit.
2) I thought the scars from Kolivar were there? Kolivar gut slice is pretty close to where Wintergreen originally sliced Oliver. I think the scar from the gun barrel is still there.
A couple of other random thoughts: I forgot that Diggle was included on the show right from the square one. Somehow I remember him coming on board 2 or 3 episodes in. Also the pace of that first episode is almost leisurely compared to what we have in Season 5.
If you have the Season 1 DVD I recommend watching the Pilot again, it makes for interesting viewing given all we know now.
Diggle, Diggle Diggle....no man should be that fine. But thank goodness he is! lol
Posted with Apple Safari 10.1 on MacOS X
|Alvaro's Comicboards powered by On Topic™ © 2003-2018 Powermad Software|