|Iron Man Message Board >> View Post|
Subj: Re: Tony Stark #18...
Posted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 at 10:17:14 pm EST (Viewed 326 times)
Reply Subj: Tony Stark 18
Posted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 at 01:47:04 am EST (Viewed 321 times)
Tony Stark: Iron Man 018
You raise some fair points about underutilizing Tony's genius side on a regular basis. Not that his esteemed supporting characters should be underplayed either. Aaron, Vizh, and Simon, titleworthy in their own right, might've also deserved a more notable role in Ultron's defeat. The thing about this instance, though, is that Stark had reasons for 'needing help' including being banged up and body-warped and then, later, he was reeling from the seeing that blood cell branded with a barcode inside his body. Agreed, it's better to see Iron Man save the day more often than not but sometimes good to see Tony has friends to save him, too.
Plus, there was a lot of other good elements to enjoy this time...
• Great cover and the likable art remains consistent.
• Exciting unique crisis that Tony faces. It really could've went anywhere. As it is, that 3% remaining could come back to literally bite him in the ass.
• Another consecutive month that the longtime neglected and deserving Jarvis scores facetime in a Marvel book.
• Not the biggest fan of Shapiro-cat, as is, but he's certainly must surpass any throwaway status after this arc.
• Nano-Iron Men revisited and incorporated in a neat twist to journeys inside Vision's body during Kree/Skrull or during IRON MAN #133.
• It's an "AVENGERS" tale that's looong overdue to be told! Better here than nowhere! Fits in nice with Tony's current body issues, too! Good key B-List team personally fighting against Pymtron.
• Rhodey's beginning to finally get his confidence back.
• Jan had good lines.
• Ultron was properly ruthless/relentless.
• Very surreal barcode moment.
• Arno has brought his parents back to life!!! As naked as Krakoan jaybirds. Apparently in bodies as 'real' as Tony's is. BUT, Bain begs to differ it seems.
• "I'D RATHER BE YOUR WIDOW."
• Apparent status quo change for Jocasta.
• Redonning classic armor (look) will undoubtedly make the day of many a fanboy/fangirl.
• Neat was to work in the "INVINCIBLE" label as the cliffhanger line. Almost as seemlessly as when Mark Grayson original claimed his codename.
:: Is that S.U.Tower on page 1, in NYC? It's not the one that doubles for Avengers Tower at times, is it?
:: This attack on NYC is SCARY, for sure, but probably is lesser to that of Controller/eScape thing or the current Doombot/2099 thing, eh?
:: Didn't Friday have an exclusive/proprietory Hologram Body with no robot body ever shown?
Quote:As a side-note; they seem to be running with the idea that Tony can't inherit the company. Which is dumb, because the company Tony inherited is long since destroyed. The company Tony currently owns is one of multiple iterations that he has created completely on his own. So even if Arno's case is completely justified, all he can inherit is very old ashes.
That seems fair to say, too.
I miss Dad & Dan.
Posted with Mozilla 11.0 on Windows 7
|Alvaro's Comicboards powered by On Topic™ © 2003-2018 Powermad Software|