Justice League of America >> View Post
·
Post By
Zazu

In Reply To
Seyg-El

Subj: Re: JLA 6 - the disappointments begin [SPOILERS]
Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 at 04:59:39 pm EST
Reply Subj: Re: JLA 6 - the disappointments begin [SPOILERS]
Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 at 12:39:03 pm EST

Previous Post

> > Again, I enjoyed it. If you didn't like it, drop the title. I'm sure you've got other things you can spend you're money on.
>
> Personally, I disagree with the "drop the title if you don't like it" argument. If you're trying something new, then sure, but this is something many of us have been reading all of our lives. Why should someone have to drop the title because of the writing? We love the characters. They've been written well in the past. I don't think there's anything wrong with expecting good, if not great, writing on one of DC's big titles. I have dropped the title in the past for bad writing and/or bad art, but why should I have to do that when it is normally a book I love to read?

I see your point, but why spend money on something you don't really like? If the writing isn't up to par, why not drop the title until the new team comes on?

> > > Again, I enjoyed it. If you didn't like it, drop the title. I'm sure you've got other things you can spend you're money on.
> >
> > Personally, I disagree with the "drop the title if you don't like it" argument. If you're trying something new, then sure, but this is something many of us have been reading all of our lives. Why should someone have to drop the title because of the writing? We love the characters. They've been written well in the past. I don't think there's anything wrong with expecting good, if not great, writing on one of DC's big titles. I have dropped the title in the past for bad writing and/or bad art, but why should I have to do that when it is normally a book I love to read?
>
> I see your point, but why spend money on something you don't really like? If the writing isn't up to par, why not drop the title until the new team comes on?

I've done that with some titles, including JLA when Joe Kelly was writing it. That doesn't mean I won't give an arc a try. Also, should we just give up buying it and be quiet about it? I think our voices should be heard in order to make some sort of change happen. The argument of "drop the title if you don't like it" only goes so far. I think TPTB should know why I'm dropping a title. At $3 a pop (or more in many cases), I feel I should get my money's worth and that includes good writing, good art and good editing. As I brought up in another post below, why is Meltzer letting the characters use their real names when he just wrote ID Crisis about the after effects of secret ID's being revealed?!?!? Hal, Roy and Clark's names were thrown around without a care in the world while they were in public. That was a stupid move on Meltzer's part and by the editor for not catching it.


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP
Alvaro's Comicboards powered by On Topic™ © 2003-2022 Powermad Software
All the content of these boards Copyright © 1996-2022 by Comicboards/TVShowboards. Software Copyright © 2003-2022 Powermad Software