Justice League of America >> View Post
·
Post By
Would be Watcher

Location: Canada
Member Since: Sat May 17, 2008
In Reply To
Raz

Subj: Agree 100% with everything you say
Posted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 at 09:14:08 am EDT (Viewed 173 times)
Reply Subj: Re: JLA 24 came out today comments please. Spoilers maybe
Posted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 at 03:16:01 am EDT



> > So JLA 24 came out today. What did everybody think of it?
>
> I liked it....didn't blow me away, but I liked it.
>
> Zatanna, Black Canary and Wonder Woman all had a really good showing, in particular I think Zee using her blood to write spells was inspired...and on another note, I like Firestorm's snarky character as well as the fact that everyone else finds him kind of annoying.
>
> I only really have two niggles with JLA at the moment...first up is that I think the cast is just too big; it's okay when Dwayne does stories that only focus on a few team members at a time (like Hawkgirl and Roy's fight with the Human Flame a few issues back), but when the whole team is present, there's just too many of them there for me to believe that they wouldn't be more efficient. For example, I can understand why Flash didn't do anything at all in this issue because Amazo did a number on him already, but Firestorm was never actually injured, just separated into Jason and Gehenna...there was no reason he couldn't have rejoined the fight. Hal didn't really do much either. I think Dwayne should pair down the cast a bit, or else steer away from doing stories where everybody is present all at once.
>
> My other issue is that I really think Dwayne McDuffie underestimates the heavy hitters he has on the JLA. Superman hasn't had one decent showing yet, he exists solely to be powered down and taken out as soon as battle is joined. Hal Jordan has the most powerful weapon in the world on his finger, but doesn't really ever do much except shoot energy beams and put up force-fields. And Amazo with the strength of Superman AND Wonder Woman as well as Superman's invulnerability just doesn't seem as physically overwhelming as he should be. Zatanna throwing herself into him I would imagine would be like a feather landing on my arm; completely inconsequential. Similarly, I love Black Canary, but I have trouble believing her canary cry is powerful enough even at no range to explode something as invulnerable as Superman.
>
> I am enjoying the book, these are just a couple of minor things that get in the way of that I guess.
>
> I hope Zatanna's around for a while because I love her, and I'm glad Reddy has his body back. I know I said they should trim the cast down a bit, but to be honest there is nobody on the team at the moment that I would want to lose. It was even nice seeing Animal Man pop up in the JLA again.



Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP
Alvaro's Comicboards powered by On Topic™ © 2003-2022 Powermad Software
All the content of these boards Copyright © 1996-2022 by Comicboards/TVShowboards. Software Copyright © 2003-2022 Powermad Software