Before Jeff Lemire ended his run on Justice League United, I was in love with the title. It had everything that had the makings of a Silver Age team mixed with B and C-List characters. Now, I am disgusted with the new JLU, especially taking classic members off the team (I still like Adam Strange, Equinox, Animal Man, and Stargirl) and replacing them with holdovers from Justice League Dark, former Justice League International members, and even villains. This is why I'm posting my idea for a new Justice League team. I call it Justice League West, which will operate west of the Mississippi. I can see their headquarters in California. Here's my pick for the membership:
1. Martian Manhunter: he was one of the reasons why I read JLU in the first place. Why, Jeff Parker, would you leave him off the new team? He would remain the leader of the team. But now that he's off the team, he should lead the new JLW team. Let's face it, he can't be a loner all his life.
2. Green Arrow: another reason I read JLU. I understand Ollie couldn't cross the border between the US and Canada and that Mr. Parker wants to keep him a Jeff Lemire member, but seeing Green Arrow without a team really sucks. He lives in Washington, which makes him close to California. Ollie's another good idea for a West Coast team.
3. Starbeam: a new member I made up. She's an African American teen who joins the JLW in an effort to raise diversity to the team. She'll be considered the African-American Stargirl.
4. Atom: I have a soft spot for Ray Palmer. I was hoping he would join JLU as a charter member, but, unfortunately, he was not on the roster, which made me upset since I want to see him interact with both Green Arrow and Hawkman. Now that Green Arrow and Hawkman are no longer with JLU, I would allow the Atom to join JLW as the group's resident scientist and size changer.
5. Black Canary: with a new magazine coming out, I think this would be the perfect opportunity to put Dinah on a team. She would fit in with the team and would be the perfect representative for the Batman family. Also, I'd like to see her hook up with Green Arrow.
6. Hawkman: like Martian Manhunter and Green Arrow, Hawkman was one of the reasons I read JLU. I even cried when he sacrificed his life to save Thanagar. Then he became under the influence of Byth. I'm upset that he is no longer a member of JLU. That's why I want him on my JLW team. He can have these spats with Green Arrow and have a bromance with Atom. All in all, seeing Martian Manhunter, Green Arrow, Atom, Hawkman, and Black Canary on a team together is my dream come true.
7. Fuego: another newcomer I created for the team. He's a Latino boy in middle school that adds diversity to the team. Let's face it, I'm not a fan of Vibe and I think we're never going to see him again. He's been MIA after Forever Evil and no one is going to bring him back to mainstream. He got the attention in early 2013 and lost it later on that year. Also, Blue Beetle is also MIA. So why not introduce a new Latino boy to the mix.
8. Captain Atom: he, like Hawkman, needs a home and I'd like to see him work with the team. I know he was left out of JLI, but seeing him on JLW would bring him justice.
9. Green Lantern (John Stewart): every team needs a Green Lantern and John would fit in with the West Coast vibe. I always thought Simon Baz would work well with the team, but, like Cisco, he is MIA after training Power Ring. Also, John needs more appearances after Green Lantern Corps ended.
10. Flipside: another newcomer I added to the team. She's a Latin American girl of Mexican descent who is close friends with Starbeam. She'll bring raw power to the team and has no superpowers.
So, there you have it. My new Justice League West team of Martian Manhunter, Green Arrow, Starbeam, Atom, Black Canary, Hawkman, Fuego, Captain Atom, Green Lantern (Stewart), and Flipside. What do you think about the team? Please let me know.