Justice Society of America >> View Post
·
Post By
James Hunter

In Reply To
Ohotmu the all-knowing

Subj: Re: Sure she's a powerhouse, but... [SPOILERS]
Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 at 04:24:30 pm EDT
Reply Subj: Sure she's a powerhouse, but... [SPOILERS]
Posted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 at 09:40:01 am EDT

Previous Post

> The only thing I'm not sure about is Power Girl as Chairwoman, I just don't think it will work for her character (of course, it doesn''t help that I'm not fond of the character anyway), I would be MUCH more interested in seeing Stargirl as the chairwoman, given how much she has matured whilst she has been with the JSA. Power Girl as chairwoman doesn't work for me, simply because I consider her a scrapper, and a powerhouse but NOT chairwoman material.

...the JSA has always been "home" for her while she's been going thru all her various identity crises. Is she the last surviving Kryptonian? Is the granddaughter of Arion? Are her powers physiological or mystical in nature?

Thru all of these personal crises, the JSA has always been something that she could lose herself in. Because the team has been that rock for her, I could totally see her humbled by the responsibility and absolutely single-minded about doing right and being worthy.

She built her own software company (unless that's been retconned out), so she must have some patience for management as well as vision for building organizations.

Just my $0.02.

Ohotmu

> > The only thing I'm not sure about is Power Girl as Chairwoman, I just don't think it will work for her character (of course, it doesn''t help that I'm not fond of the character anyway), I would be MUCH more interested in seeing Stargirl as the chairwoman, given how much she has matured whilst she has been with the JSA. Power Girl as chairwoman doesn't work for me, simply because I consider her a scrapper, and a powerhouse but NOT chairwoman material.
>
> ...the JSA has always been "home" for her while she's been going thru all her various identity crises. Is she the last surviving Kryptonian? Is the granddaughter of Arion? Are her powers physiological or mystical in nature?

I take your point, but surely the same can be said of Sand/Sandman (who also has experience as a chairman, and didn't do a bad job of it either, iMHO) or even, to a lesser extent, Hourman though.

> Thru all of these personal crises, the JSA has always been something that she could lose herself in. Because the team has been that rock for her, I could totally see her humbled by the responsibility and absolutely single-minded about doing right and being worthy.

Maybe, but I see more as a scrapper fighting for her surrogatree family then as the head of her surrogate family 9if you follow?), she is certainly an asset to the JSA I just doon't feel chairwoman is the best place for her.

> She built her own software company (unless that's been retconned out), so she must have some patience for management as well as vision for building organizations.

Wasn't that pre-Crisis on Inifinite Earths though, back when she had her earth-2 history, and it was commonly know (I may be mis-remembering but that's what my memory says), and if that's all you need to lead the JSA what makes Kara more worthy hen Jesse Chambers (Liberty Belle) who has always had an association with the JSA?

I just don't see what makes Kara more "worthy" (for want of a better term) then anyone else.

Cheers.

James.

"Part Of The Evil? I Am THE Evil."
- (evil) Obsidian (JSA #50

> Just my $0.02.
>
> Ohotmu


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP
Alvaro's Comicboards powered by On Topic™ © 2003-2018 Powermad Software
All the content of these boards Copyright © 1996-2018 by Alvaro Ortiz and Dave Galanter. Software Copyright © 2003-2018 Powermad Software