|Justice Society of America >> View Post|
Subj: Re: Which JSA Member Know Batman's Secret Identity? Old Spoilers
Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 at 11:42:20 am EDT
Reply Subj: Re: Which JSA Member Know Batman's Secret Identity? Old Spoilers
Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 at 05:03:10 am EDT
> > I'm not a JSA reader at all, although they do seem pretty cool. But I did look at the latest JLA\JSA Meltzer\Johns crossover, and Starman called Batman Bruce. So I assume that he knows. When did he find out, and do any other members know? Who? Thanks.
> Starman probably learned it from a history book. I doubt Flash knows it but Gotham used to be Green Lantern's town so he and Bats are close enough to where he COULD know it, Mister Terrific is smart enough to figure it out, and Wildcat taught Bruce one way of fighting. Even if he's never said anything or acted on the info Wildcat HAS to know. Other than that, there's just Power Girl's inexplicable knowledge but that could come from her memories of her Earth-2 life and conversations with BFF Helena Wayne.
Here's the Breakdown of JSA Members who know what's what:
1. Alan Scott/GL: Alan knows that Bruce is Batman. Most recently, he helped Bruce Wayne cover up his identity so that the DEO Agent Chase now think that Alan Scott is really Batman (something Chase has actually kept from her supervisors).
2. Jack Knight/Starman: Probably knows Bruce's identity from Alan Scott. They were pretty chummy in the Starman issue that you mentioned and I could easily see Alan Scott telling Ted that Batman=Bruce Wayne.
3. Power Girl: I'm sure she knows through her Earth 2 stuff.
4. Liberty Belle and Hourman: I don't think that they know that Bruce Wayne is Batman. They had no reason to know, but furthermore, it seems that Infinity Inc. didn't know who Bruce Wayne was (because Bones, one of their members, didn't recognize who Bruce Wayne as Batman in the Chase issue). Rick doesn't know. I don't think that Jesse knows, but I believe she could easily figure it out because she knows that Dick Grayson is Nightwing from her Titans tenure.
5. Flash/Jay Garrick: I think that Jay knows that Batman is Bruce Wayne. I believe this because of the Wally West connection. There would be no reason for Jay not to know that Batman is Bruce Wayne, but I also think there is no reason why he'd NEED to know that Batman is Bruce Wayne. I could chalk this up to "Jay knows because he talked to Alan Scott" sort of things.
6. Wildcat: Ted actually trained Batman, so I know that Ted Grant knows that Bruce Wayne is Batman.
7. Mr. Terrific: Michael probably knows that Batman = Bruce Wayne, but I think he respects Batman's privacy enough so as not to delve further into it. Michael is dating someone who knows that Bruce Wayne = Batman, but I don't think he's ever pressed the subject with her.
8. Stargirl: I think Stargirl could find out and I think that her stepdad probably knows that Bruce is Batman, but for now I think that she's in the dark about it until she has to know.
9. Cyclone: Cyclone probably doesn't know Bruce's identity.
10. Hawkman: Carter knows that Bruce is Batman because they've unmasked in front of eachother before when they worked in the JLA.
11. Obsidian: Todd probably doesn't know, if for the sheer fact that I'm sure the Infinity Inc kids don't know that Batman = Bruce Wayne.
12. Damage: He could find out because he was a titan that knew Dick Grayson = Nightwing, but I don't think that Grant put two and two together like Jesse would to find out Batman's secret.
13. Dr. Midnight: would probably be in the same camp at Mr. Terrific in that it would be none of his business and he would purposefully not look into the matter.
14. Jakeem: JT probably has figured it out during the JSA run when he went insane and trapped all the heroes. But I think that his thunderbolt may have wiped his mind clean of the incident.
Posted with Mozilla Firefox 184.108.40.206 on Windows XP
|Alvaro's Comicboards powered by On Topic™ © 2003-2022 Powermad Software|