Justice Society of America >> View Post
·
Post By
Sweep Secondhand

In Reply To
Orion Prime

Subj: Re: We Need Superman-22! [SPOILERS]
Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 at 09:10:22 am EST
Reply Subj: Re: We Need Superman-22! [SPOILERS]
Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 at 09:43:43 am EST

Previous Post

> > > I don't think Black Adam has ever fought Superman-Prime. I really don't care who does it as long as someone kills him and he's gone for good. It just seems to me that Superman-22 is in a really convenient place to do it and I wanted to point out the possible set up.
> > >
> > >
> > > > it seems to me that black adam tried that sort of thing in the previous jsa, or am i mistaken? And besides, isnt there enough supermans running around right now, (see arena), and do we really need anymore "battle of the supermen? I THINK NOT!!!
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > > I was just reading Justice Society #11 and I realized why they introduced this new, darker, Superman into the mix. When this Final Crisis non-event eventually comes around, they are going to need someone to suck it up for the more moarally indecissive heroes and kill Superman-Prime. Having a Superman with no continuity ties to anything else is the perfect solution. He can kill Prime, solve everyone's problems, all the main heroes can wax about it morally and then move on no worse off for the experience. They can even have Superman-22 die in the process so they won't have to waste time having anyone give him grief about killing a character they should have killed two years ago when they had the chance!
> > > > >
> > > > > - Sweep
> >
> > If we are talking about a Superman, killing is not an option, even if it is Superman prime. Having this Superman, with his moral edicts is great. It gives stability to some of these upstart heroes. There is another way to do things.
> > What they have planned for this character or the multiverse, to me is up in the air. Merge all of the differnt versions back again or keep the multiverse or what? Ideas?
> > As it is, i think there is enough room for all of these characters.
> >
> > What to do about Prime? In essence, this is a boy in a man's body trying to make sense of the universe and the ahnd that has been dealt to him. A more humane way of treating him is to either put him in the pahantom zone for the crimes committed, subject him to Gold K, of a variation that would affect him, or put him on a world with no space flight capabilities under a red sun. Under all of these pretenses, a mind wipe is in order. Where have i heard that one at?
> >
> > Ideas? What would you do with Superman Prime?
>
> I am sorry but after all the characters he has killed, tortured, and mamed and the fact that he has already escaped from one supposedly inescapable prison and killed again - I say execute Prime. Anything less is just a set up for another future rampage with more heroes getting killed. In my opinion it is about time the heroes of the DC Universe realize that containment is not a viable option in some instances and execution is neccessary to save lives. Every person in the multiverse that has been killed or hurt by Prime since he escaped from the Guardians is the responsibility of the heroes who didn't finish him off the first time when they had the chance. I say enough is enough.

For all that he has done, even being something of a part of the Superman lineage, there is no redemption? I agree with you, he has done a great deal. Any other person, i would say, let justice be swift and quick and terminate this piece of crap. When it comes right down to it, how would you kill a Superman not affected by magic, no form of Kryptonite can kill him?
More to the point, who would you have be his executioner? We have seen what has happened when the heroes take matters into their own hands. That would be the previous incarnation of the DCU. The Guardians or the Spectre possibly?

Question to one and all, how would you go about defending Superman Prime in a court of law. We know what he has done. We can even surmise fromw hat he has said, why he did it. Would you say that because he was/is emotionally distraught, unbalanced, permeated with negative anti-energy (supplied by Alex Luthor), this ultimately drove him over the edge? His world, his universe, his family, his loved ones, all gone, dead, wiped out.
It is the measure of a man, how he deals with such. In this case, a boy, inexperienced, thrown into situations he wasn't ready for and ultimately corrupted because of the circumstances.
Yes, he has taken many lives, but to balance the scales,w ould it mean taking his life? What about Hal Jordan, as a precedent? Hal Jordan, corrupted by the entity parallax, committed murder of his fellow Green Lanterns and ultimately caused the Zero Hour effect. Although it is known that the entity Parallax was in control, it was through the means of Hal Jordan's body in which these actions took place.
In the case of Superman Prime, there is no other entity, but extenuating circumstances, which lead up to this.

It would be easy to throw away Truth, Justice and be absolute and totalitarian. Death is easy. Letting him live and remember his actions, while taking his powers away from him, permenantly would be far better. He is guilty by reason of insanity.

Thoughts?

>
> For all that he has done, even being something of a part of the Superman lineage, there is no redemption? I agree with you, he has done a great deal. Any other person, i would say, let justice be swift and quick and terminate this piece of crap. When it comes right down to it, how would you kill a Superman not affected by magic, no form of Kryptonite can kill him?
> More to the point, who would you have be his executioner? We have seen what has happened when the heroes take matters into their own hands. That would be the previous incarnation of the DCU. The Guardians or the Spectre possibly?
>
> Question to one and all, how would you go about defending Superman Prime in a court of law. We know what he has done. We can even surmise fromw hat he has said, why he did it. Would you say that because he was/is emotionally distraught, unbalanced, permeated with negative anti-energy (supplied by Alex Luthor), this ultimately drove him over the edge? His world, his universe, his family, his loved ones, all gone, dead, wiped out.
> It is the measure of a man, how he deals with such. In this case, a boy, inexperienced, thrown into situations he wasn't ready for and ultimately corrupted because of the circumstances.
> Yes, he has taken many lives, but to balance the scales,w ould it mean taking his life? What about Hal Jordan, as a precedent? Hal Jordan, corrupted by the entity parallax, committed murder of his fellow Green Lanterns and ultimately caused the Zero Hour effect. Although it is known that the entity Parallax was in control, it was through the means of Hal Jordan's body in which these actions took place.
> In the case of Superman Prime, there is no other entity, but extenuating circumstances, which lead up to this.
>
> It would be easy to throw away Truth, Justice and be absolute and totalitarian. Death is easy. Letting him live and remember his actions, while taking his powers away from him, permenantly would be far better. He is guilty by reason of insanity.
>
> Thoughts?

Honestly I think Prime is a disgrace to the Superman legacy. I mean he killed the Golden Age Superman, arguably the single greatest hero that ever lived. I don't doubt that losing your entire world could drive someone understandably insane but the COIE caused millions of people to lose their worlds. Power Girl has had a lot of problems as a result but she hasn't started killing people to try and get Earth-2 back. If there were a viable means of containing Prime then I might feel differently but I think anything less than execution for him is just a delay of more deaths. Has it been shown that he is completely immune to magic? Remember the Spectre's rampage with Eclipso and the end of the ninth age of magic sidelined the majority of the magic heroes during Infinite Crapfest. Granted a depowered Doctor Fate probably isn't much of a threat but I would but there are other magic heroes who are. Now that the Spectre has been regrounded, I am certain he could take Prime out if he wanted to.

- Sweep


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
Alvaro's Comicboards powered by On Topic™ © 2003-2022 Powermad Software
All the content of these boards Copyright © 1996-2022 by Comicboards/TVShowboards. Software Copyright © 2003-2022 Powermad Software