Marvel Universe >> View Post
·
Post By
seeker

In Reply To
MysteryMan

Subj: I DID NOT make this stuff up!
Posted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 at 05:09:55 pm EDT
Reply Subj: Wow...make much up?
Posted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 at 04:03:47 pm EDT

Previous Post

> Tony and co have:
> -Violated bioethics by cloning Thor

Thats YOUR opinion...many of us don't happen to see the word clone and think Evil.

> -Nearly started a war by unleashing the Green Goblin

With a country that has attacked them many times...that were activated sleeper agents and killing US citizens with their spies and troops...they SHOULD outright declare war on Atlantis.

> -Manipulated the populace in a negative way

That was Cap...Tony supported the "peoples" decisions...thr anti-regs tried to make "normals" into lemmings with their propoganda

> -Thrown people in prison without a trial

Yes in preparation for a trial...would you have prefered they tag and release them back into the wild?

> -Profitted from a war they helped set-up

Actually all that money was used to repair the damage and to set up training facilities...it was clarified Tony did not "personally" profit from this.

> -Enslaved and unleashed murderous super-villains

They aer not enslaved...and if you mean TBolts for the 80 millionth time...Tony has nothing to do with there current state.

> -Arguable responsible for the death of Bill Foster either as negilgant homicide or manslaughter

Let's see ... Tony legally enforcing the law...armed vigilanties resisting the law, after they were asked to talk rather then fight. Analogous to police trying to talk to bank robbers...and the orbbers open fire and one of them dies in the resulting shootout...nope...sorry thats not the definition of homicide or manslaughter.

> -Destroyed Planet Skaara (I'm still not clear if this was an accident or if they actually left a bomb to try and kill the hulk if he ever tried to leave)

Everything was fine until Hulk lost his temper and those guys messed with the engines.

> -Covered-up the death of a student and perhaps set the whole thing up to acquire some technology

What do you know as facts here...you seem to just assume here

> -Allowed a mentally unstable power house into stressful situations and recruited a known sociopath on the same team

You never made a post about Cap's original recruitment of him...but thats ok right, because you lked the idea then and hey Cap can be a dictator if he wants right?

> -Stole the Terrigan Mists from the Inhumans and refused to return it possible starting another war

Who exactly stole it and who said they could not have it back?

> -Plotting the overthrow of forgein governments that oppose the current U. S. Policy

Who...what..which...where...when?

> Did I miss anything?
>
> P. S. I know all of this isn't Tony Stark, only about half of it. That is why I said Tony and Co. however he is the primary leader and has his hand in just about everything some way or another.

Yeah and the aliens kidnapped you and used all horrible types of probes on you as well too....right?

> > Tony and co have:
> > -Violated bioethics by cloning Thor
>
> Thats YOUR opinion...many of us don't happen to see the word clone and think Evil.
>
Did he have Thor's permission? As far as we know no. Did he use the clone to serve his own agenda? Yes, if that is not a violation of ethics than what is?

> > -Nearly started a war by unleashing the Green Goblin
>
> With a country that has attacked them many times...that were activated sleeper agents and killing US citizens with their spies and troops...they SHOULD outright declare war on Atlantis.
>
Did Congress approve of the action? Where was this shown or mentioned? Umm????? Stark does not have the right to start wars. Attacking a diplomat who is being allowed to speak is an act of war on Stark's part. It was never his decision to make. Congress did not approve the war. Did the President give permission????? If not that Stark took matters into his own hands and nearly started a war that he had no right to do.

> > -Manipulated the populace in a negative way
>
> That was Cap...Tony supported the "peoples" decisions...thr anti-regs tried to make "normals" into lemmings with their propoganda
>
He nearly started a war.

> > -Thrown people in prison without a trial
>
> Yes in preparation for a trial...would you have prefered they tag and release them back into the wild?
>
This may be due to screw-ups in the continuity of civil war. The issue I read discussion this didn't mention a trial. The excuse was they were in the Negative Zone.

> > -Profitted from a war they helped set-up
>
> Actually all that money was used to repair the damage and to set up training facilities...it was clarified Tony did not "personally" profit from this.
>
He owns the company that just happens to make a new helicarrier among other things?

> > -Enslaved and unleashed murderous super-villains
>
> They aer not enslaved...and if you mean TBolts for the 80 millionth time...Tony has nothing to do with there current state.
>
He controls the Green Goblin and since he controls th Fifty State Initive which they are part of he controls them.

> > -Arguable responsible for the death of Bill Foster either as negilgant homicide or manslaughter
>
> Let's see ... Tony legally enforcing the law...armed vigilanties resisting the law, after they were asked to talk rather then fight. Analogous to police trying to talk to bank robbers...and the orbbers open fire and one of them dies in the resulting shootout...nope...sorry thats not the definition of homicide or manslaughter.
>
And if it had been the police there would have been an investigation and Civil Rights Groups screaming for blood. Stark unleashed a highly volitile weapon upon a battle field that would have killed everyone there. Stark or the REAL Thor would have known how to take Foster out without killing him. The thing as far as we can tell wasn't even sentient.

>
>
> > -Covered-up the death of a student and perhaps set the whole thing up to acquire some technology
>
> What do you know as facts here...you seem to just assume here
>
Note at the beginning I said Stark and co. and I concluded with a message that I know Stark wasn't responsible for everything. However, The fact they did cover-up or at least tried to in the training camp is a fact.

> > -Allowed a mentally unstable power house into stressful situations and recruited a known sociopath on the same team
>
> You never made a post about Cap's original recruitment of him...but thats ok right, because you lked the idea then and hey Cap can be a dictator if he wants right?
>
I never brought up the Sentry being on Cap's team because I didn't read New Avengers back then. The fact is the Sentry is mentally unstable. Along with Ares' very, very shaky past.

> > -Stole the Terrigan Mists from the Inhumans and refused to return it possible starting another war
>
> Who exactly stole it and who said they could not have it back?
>
Quicksilver stole it, the U. S. government got the mists from him and refused to give it back to Black Bolt. Instead they are using the mists to experiment on humans to try and give them superpowers.

> > -Plotting the overthrow of forgein governments that oppose the current U. S. Policy
>
> Who...what..which...where...when?
>
IIRC, it was in the latest Black Panther issue where two people at the state department were discussing the Panther and one talked about making Wakanda an example of what happens to those who oppose the U. S.
Stakr also in the Civil War: Battle Files report when discussing how the different nations were dealing with their superhuman populations mentions reigme change in Atlantis.

> > Did I miss anything?
> >
> > P. S. I know all of this isn't Tony Stark, only about half of it. That is why I said Tony and Co. however he is the primary leader and has his hand in just about everything some way or another.
>
> Yeah and the aliens kidnapped you and used all horrible types of probes on you as well too....right?

Explain something to me. How is it to you Stark can do no wrong, but when Hercules defends himself from Clor and destroys it you accuse Hercules of murder?


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP
Alvaro's Comicboards powered by On Topic™ © 2003-2018 Powermad Software
All the content of these boards Copyright © 1996-2018 by Alvaro Ortiz and Dave Galanter. Software Copyright © 2003-2018 Powermad Software