|Marvel Universe >> View Post|
Subj: Re: Cult followings and the characters you wish were still around...
Posted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 at 03:52:21 pm EST (Viewed 53 times)
Reply Subj: Cult followings and the characters you wish were still around...
Posted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 at 02:41:28 am EST (Viewed 143 times)
Not sure if these people qualify as obscure in all cases, but I'd love to see a return of:
1) Alpha Flight - Guardian, Northstar, Aurora, Sasquatch, Puck, Shaman, Snowbird, Marina. Because they're a fascinating, disfunctional non-team, and I'm Canadian.
2) The original New Mutants - Rahne, Dani, Sam, Roberto, Amara, Illyana, Shan, Doug and Warlock. With Alpha Flight, these two comics were my favourites when I first got into comics.
2) Monica Rambeau - mostly because of her personality. In Stern's imagining, she was the best leader the Avengers ever had (after Captain America I).
3) Stegron - because an evil stegasaurus is just cool.
4) The Basilisk - had a great look and a great power-set. Had potential to be a really great villain (darn you, Scourge!).
6) Valkyrie - once a major character in the MU. Wore a cone-bra when cone-bras weren't cool.
7) Starfox - even the Scarlet Witch admitted she kinda liked the way he just "stood around".
8) The Elders of the Universe - especially the Collector and the Grandmaster. When Thanos went after them to collect the infinity gems, I fell in love with these cosmic oddballs.
9) The Shaper of Worlds - because he was the villain in my first Marvel/DC crossover. He caused a world of trouble to both Hulk AND Batman (with the Joker nipping at their heels too).
And a lean, silent figure slowly fades into the gathering darkness, aware at last that in this world, with great power there must also come -- great responsibility!
Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP
|Alvaro's Comicboards powered by On Topic™ © 2003-2018 Powermad Software|