Subj: Least sympathetic: Ultron . . .Posted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 at 11:31:25 pm CST (Viewed 53 times)
Reply Subj: Most sympathetic and least sympathetic villains in Marvel
Posted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 at 09:02:37 am CST (Viewed 150 times)
Who is the most sympathetic villain in Marvel? Who is the least sympathetic villain in Marvel?
...all that stuff about destroying all of humanity, the complete destruction of Slorenia, etc.
Most sympathetic***Edit*** I found a link in scans daily of what I talking about Mystique. Scans come from issue #177 and #178 ( the issue in question ). The last five pages are what I was talking about: http://community.livejournal.com/scans_daily/5951529.html
: most of the time the most sympathetic tend to be second stringers in the villain hierachy
. Some of them are even very obscure.
- Diamondback, I think, is very sympathetic. She even fell in love with Captain America at some point.
- Shriek, an insane girl who joined Carnage during the "Maximum Carnage" saga, whose only goal was to have a family, was a very tragic character.
- Titania, She-Hulk's villainess, is sort of humorous and funny at times... her marriage to Absorbing Man is also priceless.
- Batroc ze leaper, who at some point, when Captain America was dying, promised to reform... a promise he kept, until Cap came back from the dead.
- I would even say Mystique... we've seen her emotional side many times, we know she really does care for Rogue, and she really loved Destiny. She's not entirely evil. I remember an issue in which the Brotherhood creates a diversion, ambushing Colossus and later fighting the rest of the X-Men at Central Park, to cover for Mystique who infiltrated at the Mansion. After she shots Xavier, Rogue - who had ran from the Brotherhood very recently at the time - arrives at the scene, and has with Mystique one of the most human heart-to-heart I've read in comics.