Member Since: Tue Apr 04, 2017
Subj: Great news for Marvel. He was the worst. nntPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 at 01:47:29 pm CST (Viewed 237 times)
Reply Subj: I Think That Bendis Was Great For The Marvel Universe, Is Anyone Going To Miss Him? And This Does NOT Mean The End For Marvel.
Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 at 11:47:04 am CST (Viewed 289 times)
Quote: This might be (Oh heck, I'm pretty sure that it is or will be.) an unpopular opinion on this board, but I'm kind of sad that Marvel will be Bendisless for at least a year. I think that the big problem with Bendis was that he was just overexposed and on too many darn books. That, and he works really well with certain characters and certain types of books. Daredevil, Alias, Scarlet, etc. I don't think that he's a good fit for team books or for writing characters like Thanos. He could still do good work. Overall though, he obviously brought a lot to the Marvel Universe, and they got quite a bit from him. He left a legacy (Although surprisingly, for a guy who's been there for nearly two decades, he really hasn't created THAT many new or long-term characters. Especially considering the fact that he killed off dozens and dozens of established characters.), and I would have liked to have seen his future plans for his books. I AM glad that he's moving on from Spider-man, as he's had more than his say at this point. So, if they kept Bendis to one or two books (And maybe keep him away from big events.), I really don't think that there would be any problem.
Quote: But I have read some articles that claim that this is another sign that Marvel is going downhill, and I just don't see it. I do think that this is certainly a loss for Marvel, but it's hardly an end sign, and Marvel will go on. Especially after all of these movies, which seem to be where the money is these days. And there's also Jason Aaron, who could very well be the new Bendis of the MU. I wish Bendis well, and part of me is disheartened by this. Bendis didn't always do good work, but he definitely contributed, and he definitely loved the characters. So, here's to Jason Aaron.
Posted with Mozilla Firefox 56.0 on Windows 7
All the content of these boards Copyright © 1996-2021 by Comicboards/TVShowboards. Software Copyright © 2003-2021 Powermad Software
- I Think That Bendis Was Great For The Marvel Universe, Is Anyone Going To Miss Him? And This Does NOT Mean The End For Marvel. · Comicguy1 · Thu Nov 16, 2017 at 11:47:04 am CST
- The good and the bad · Unstable Molecule · Mon Nov 20, 2017 at 12:22:11 pm CST
- I don't like "WTF" moments - many fans do. · America's Captain · Sun Nov 19, 2017 at 09:57:20 am CST
- Re: I Think That Bendis Was Great For The Marvel Universe, Is Anyone Going To Miss Him? And This Does NOT Mean The End For Marvel. · John Morrissey · Fri Nov 17, 2017 at 07:06:57 pm CST
- I never liked him much... · bd2999 · Fri Nov 17, 2017 at 08:21:52 am CST
- Talented writer. I don't like a lot of his ideas (especially, I hate what he did to Scarlet Witch in Avengers Disassembled) but some of his stories are very good. (no text) · Grey Gargoyle (for example, in Ultimate Spider-Man & Daredevil) · Fri Nov 17, 2017 at 03:11:40 am CST
- Re: He loved HIS characters · The Voice of Reason · Thu Nov 16, 2017 at 05:37:32 pm CST
- I'm sorta ambivalent. · The Black Guardian · Thu Nov 16, 2017 at 02:48:09 pm CST
- Great news for Marvel. He was the worst. nnt · Reverend Meteor · Thu Nov 16, 2017 at 01:47:29 pm CST