So what were some of your favorite action hero series or movies from the 80's and 90's?
I had many but I'll start out with something perhaps a bit off the cuff:
One of my favorite installments of the Ultra franchise, we do not speak of the two installments that came afterwards, Ultraman Great and Ultraman Powered as they were franchised to other countries and were WEAK.
Then came the next great installment of the franchise as it was rebooted with ULTRAMAN TIGA! (we do not speak of the english dub version from Fox it was atrocious)
Coming back to more conventional series for those that don't like giant monster fights there was:
1. Robocop: the TV series, toned down in terms of violence but it had the satirical/sarcastic humor one expects from Robocop
2. MacGuyver: truly the king of pulling stuff out of thin air to save the day
3. The Flash: too bad this series was preempted so much and then bounced from time slot to time slot before canned. But it is on Netflix!
4. Xmen the Animated Series, too bad Xmen Evolution was a weak followup
5. Batman the Animated Series which then gave us the Superman Animated series, Batman Beyond and finally the JUSTICE LEAGUE
6. Forever Knight: third season was a bit stupid but a good series about the quest for redemption
Seconded regarding The Flash. It was a good show that I think very much captured the spirit of the comic. And the Batman animated series set the bar very, very high. I would say Gargoyles was right up there and in a way exceeded it in one way, with it's long term storyline.
I loved Airwolf, Lois and Clark for the first couple seasons. La Femme Nikita was a fantastic spy series, very dark in tone.
I liked Sliders, but I didn't like it when John Rhys Davies left the show and the writers decided to create a recurring villain in the cro mags. The show was obviously running on fumes at that point and it just got worse.