For those that remember the series as I fondly do, here's a question for conjecture.
1. In Season 1 and 3 we get glimpses of the dark future where the Shadows were winning and B5 is destroyed all due to Sinclair never going back to become Valen and defeat them 1000 years ago.
2. We see flashbacks to the Battle of the Line and how Delenn was told to choose one of the Earth fighters to be captured for interrogation and she picks one apparently at random and it turns out to be Sinclair whom the Minbari scan and discover that he is apparently the reincarnation of Valen. Thus they end the war.
3. In one of the Babylon 5 TV movies we see that there were some Vorlons aboard the Mimbari flagship at the battle of the line.
4. When Sinclair appeared as Valen 1000 years ago to present B4 as a gift to the Mimbari there were two Vorlons floating in the air above him.
5. In the 3 issue comic mini series In Valen's Name we learn that Valen/Sinclair wanted to leave Delenn a note that would warn her about the Earth-Mimbari war and how to avoid it. A Vorlon then appeared before him and they had a telepathic arguement about it and Valen reluctantly agreed that he could not change things and thus had the letter destroyed. He would of course send her a different letter as well as a letter to himself so that he could keep the moebius strip that was his life in proper motion.
So here is the question: since the Vorlons clearly mind scanned Valen in the past and thus knew what was to come and how things MUST happen as Valen/Sinclair's memories indicated or else time would drastically alter, and since there were Vorlons aboard the Mimbari ship during the battle of the line, DID THE VORLONS give Delenn a little telepathic push to pick Sinclair's ship as the one to be taken and scanned?
The Vorlons knew that if Sinclair died the future and the past would alter due to time paradox and the Shadows would be too strong to defeat. So wouldn't they actively work behind the scenes to ensure that Sinclair stayed alive?
Sometimes I find it hard to believe that I watched this entire series because I've forgotten nearly all of it.
But it was 14 years ago that I watched it (wow! time flies).