|Eighties and Nineties Message Board >> View Post|
Subj: Re: (Edited)
Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 at 07:10:00 am CST (Viewed 248 times)
Reply Subj: (Edited)
Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 at 10:33:44 am CST (Viewed 290 times)
Quote:I think the whole reason she hooked up with the Guardians of the Galaxy is because of her past with the Starjammers. That Guardians crew were nothing but Starjammers plagiarized to me.
Quote:You're right, they are (in essence).
Quote:Maybe the third Guardians of the Galaxy film could feature Captain Marvel.
Quote:But yes, she was with the Starjammers from the day Rogue joined the X-Men (1983) until the Avengers restarted after Heroes Return (1998)... and she became an alcoholic.
Quote:So for 15 years if we saw Binary we saw the Starjammers too?
Not really, but she was still joined to them. For instance, in the Starblast story, Starjammers weren't involved, but Binary was still a member.
Over those 15 years, Carol made a mere 30 or so appearances.
- She made a few cameos before the Starjammers left Earth circa Uncanny X-Men #200.
- Then she made another cameo in a New Mutants issue. Magik 'ported into space and briefly saw the Starjammers crew.
- Then a bigger appearance in New Mutants #50-51 to fight Magus the Technarch with the Starjammers.
- There was another cameo in an Excalibur issue before she appeared in the Starjammers 2-issue Spotlight mini.
- the War Skrulls arc of Uncanny X-Men (circa #275) was the next appearance
- the next appearance was in Quasar issues of Galactic Storm (no Starjammers, but her connection was the Shi'ar)
- then an Avengers arc (Avengers vs Starjammers was a cover)
- then Starblast
- next was the X-Men Unlimited issue that destroyed her white hole
- then a Silver Surfer issue before returning to the Avengers in 1998.
Quote:What year did Rogue absorb Carol's powers? Let me see if Wikipedia gives me a clue.
Quote:OK. So first Rogue did the absorption thing, and then, a little later, Carol had her encounter with the Brood and the white hole.
Quote:Now I have to see if I can find that solo adventure.
It wasn't a solo adventure. From circa Uncanny X-Men #160 to 171, Carol was a token pseudo-member of the X-Men. Xavier was helping her reclaim her stolen memories. After the Brood Saga, she spent most of her time with the Starjammers, who stayed in orbit around the Earth for a while (until Xavier joined the crew in #200/201). The X-Men accepting Rogue was a final straw and she told them to screw off.
City of Heroes is BACK!
Posted with Mozilla Firefox 64.0 on Windows 10
|Alvaro's Comicboards powered by On Topic™ © 2003-2022 Powermad Software|