Dave Galanter
December 1st 1969 - December 12th 2020
He was loved.

Amazing Spider-Man Message Board >> View Post
·
Post By
Menshevik

In Reply To
PDT

Subj: Re: Would resurrecting Harry Osborn be a good idea?
Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 at 04:30:34 am EDT
Reply Subj: Re: Would resurrecting Harry Osborn be a good idea?
Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 at 09:42:15 pm EDT

Previous Post

> No, I'm saying the fact HE DID NOT DEAL with it was bad ! ;->

Well, yeah, it was bad.
>
> What did prevent Jenkins from using Flash during the 4 other parts of the Dock Ock arc ?
> What did prevent Jenkins from using Flash during the 3 parts Lizard arc ?

He didn't feel like it? Once again, he's writing it the way he feels is best. If he wants to build it slowly, that's his thing. You may not agree with that, and that's fine.

> Wasn't it a best choice for Jenkins to use Flash in Spectacular Spider-Man 14 rather than the guy we see in a wheelchair here ? (And Spidey's in it !)

Eh, I can't really say it would have been a better choice. I thought Joey's perspective provided for a better story than Flash's would have, and it makes the moment at the end where Spidey takes off his mask more powerful.

> Was spidey playing poker a "more important thing" than Flash's condition ?

Yeah? It was a great story.

> Was an issue adressing Mindworm's condition prevailed over Flash's ?

Once again...he's telling it like he sees fit.

> How did Jenkins managed to not adress Flash's condition during his last story; as it's maybe the most important event of all his run; while he even had space to adress a piece of cheese' condition ? *rhe* (And about all the other characters he used during his run)

Because that's not what that story was about.

Besides, I wouldn't call Flash's condition the most important event of his entire run.

> And, most of all : Why, by the power of the eye of Agamotto, is he able to use Flash for about 9 issues, and not continuing it for the following 11's ?

You make it sound like those eleven issues were consecutive. Which they weren't, and they sometimes came out with over half year of separation between them.

> > No, I'm saying the fact HE DID NOT DEAL with it was bad ! ;->
>
> Well, yeah, it was bad.
> >
> > What did prevent Jenkins from using Flash during the 4 other parts of the Dock Ock arc ?
> > What did prevent Jenkins from using Flash during the 3 parts Lizard arc ?
>
> He didn't feel like it? Once again, he's writing it the way he feels is best. If he wants to build it slowly, that's his thing. You may not agree with that, and that's fine.

If he doesn't build it at all, then it becomes a matter of concern.
>
> > Wasn't it a best choice for Jenkins to use Flash in Spectacular Spider-Man 14 rather than the guy we see in a wheelchair here ? (And Spidey's in it !)
>
> Eh, I can't really say it would have been a better choice. I thought Joey's perspective provided for a better story than Flash's would have, and it makes the moment at the end where Spidey takes off his mask more powerful.

A variation on "The Kid Who Collected Spider-Man" (for which Roger Stern only needed half an issue).


> > Was spidey playing poker a "more important thing" than Flash's condition ?
>
> Yeah? It was a great story.

If you say so, dear. (All filler, no plot might be another description).
It was also an interruption, just as the intervention of "Sins Remembered" was (only it was a little shorter).
>
> > Was an issue adressing Mindworm's condition prevailed over Flash's ?
>
> Once again...he's telling it like he sees fit.

And so he is not exempt from criticism for making that choice.
>
> > How did Jenkins managed to not adress Flash's condition during his last story; as it's maybe the most important event of all his run; while he even had space to adress a piece of cheese' condition ? *rhe* (And about all the other characters he used during his run)
>
> Because that's not what that story was about.

> Besides, I wouldn't call Flash's condition the most important event of his entire run.

Moving the goalposts. You did not have to consider it the most important event of Jenkins' run (come to think of it, what was the most important event of his run?) to see that it required being addressed.

> > And, most of all : Why, by the power of the eye of Agamotto, is he able to use Flash for about 9 issues, and not continuing it for the following 11's ?
>
> You make it sound like those eleven issues were consecutive. Which they weren't, and they sometimes came out with over half year of separation between them.

And you seem to pretend that the festering of the abandoned Flash subplot was made less of a problem because the issues were not consecutive, when it was actually aggravated because the time since Flash's condition had last been addressed was made even longer by stories being interposed.


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows 98
Alvaro's Comicboards powered by On Topic™ © 2003-2021 Powermad Software
All the content of these boards Copyright © 1996-2021 by Comicboards/TVShowboards. Software Copyright © 2003-2021 Powermad Software