> > Brubaker's involvement doesn't negate the validity of anything he's saying. Other creators such as Kurt Busiek (who far as I know, had nothing to do with this story) have made some of the same arguments Brubaker's made here.
> Sure it does. He's not going to badmouth something he had a hand in.
> Heck, before OMD, I can think of only a few writers who had negative things to say about the marriage. Now, since it's gone, suddenly everybody hated it.
> Seems like no one wants to disagree with the EiC.
Please. You're insinuating Brubaker doesn't really feel the way he says he does on the basis he had a hand in BND-- as if he's a corporate "yes" monkey, but you've got nothing to support it. It's a baseless rationalization and I'm guessing that in your mind, you'd simply prefer to see it that way and thus, you do.
Well, I could make the same argument in reverse. Supposing they didn't do OMD/BND at all. Suppose they did some celebratory wedding anniversary thing instead--- and suppose Brubaker had a hand in that, and then he went on to say that he thought the Spider-Man marriage was the best thing that ever happened to the character. I could argue that he's just saying that, but unlike you, I wouldn't because I tend to take what creator's say at face value.
Besides which, between Quesada and Brubaker, who do you think has who by the b***s in that relationship? Do you really think Brubaker would misrepresent himself in an interview because he's afraid to speak the truth for fear of his EIC? LMAO, He's one of the hottest writers in the industry right now. He'd do just fine back over at DC and you can bet Quesada's been bending over backwards trying to keep him happy over at Marvel.
I love Brubakers work...but please to say that all the good things he is saying about the OMD has no basis on the fact that he had a hand in it is just silly.
- Ed Brubaker's thoughts on OMD/BND · xanderharris · Thu Jan 10, 2008 at 05:25:13 pm EST
- Re: BTW: Where did you get the quote from? *nnt* · RAB · Fri Jan 11, 2008 at 07:01:43 am EST
- Re: Ed Brubaker's thoughts on OMD/BND · Scott · Fri Jan 11, 2008 at 12:01:54 am EST
- Re: Ed Brubaker's thoughts on OMD/BND · Smithville Thunderbolt · Thu Jan 10, 2008 at 11:11:57 pm EST
- Marvel's asking their big-time writers to voice support for the direction on the net. · Andrew C · Thu Jan 10, 2008 at 08:37:09 pm EST
- Re: A late 60s/early 70s fanboy thinks Spider-Man is better single. I'm shocked. · Dave Phelps · Thu Jan 10, 2008 at 08:07:52 pm EST
- He's entitled ot his opinion · jwd · Thu Jan 10, 2008 at 06:59:17 pm EST
- You do realize that Brubaker had a hand in contributing to OMD/BND, don't you? · stillanerd · Thu Jan 10, 2008 at 06:46:46 pm EST
- If it was needed for a long time, why didn't anyone tell JMS? · Doc Shallot · Thu Jan 10, 2008 at 06:46:12 pm EST
- Brubaker is full of it. · GetridofJoeQ · Thu Jan 10, 2008 at 06:41:11 pm EST
- Re: Ed Brubaker's thoughts on OMD/BND · Alexhulk · Thu Jan 10, 2008 at 06:22:24 pm EST
- As much as I like Brubaker's Captain America and Daredevil ... · Mr Honey Bunny · Thu Jan 10, 2008 at 06:22:06 pm EST
- Yes. n/t · Victor · Thu Jan 10, 2008 at 05:39:19 pm EST
- Re: Ed Brubaker's thoughts on OMD/BND · OZ · Thu Jan 10, 2008 at 05:37:43 pm EST
- Wise words,Mr Brubaker!nt · Spider-Sense · Thu Jan 10, 2008 at 05:34:30 pm EST