December 1st 1969 - December 12th 2020
He was loved.
Location: Owings Mills, MD
Member Since: Sat May 17, 2008
Subj: Re: Regarding the 8 spideys that they couldn't usePosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 at 08:11:49 am EDT (Viewed 226 times)
Reply Subj: Regarding the 8 spideys that they couldn't use
Posted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 at 07:04:01 am EDT (Viewed 36 times)
IN the letters column of the current issue # 8, the writer briefly stated that they were 8 Spidermen that they could not use in this story line due to legal reasons. My question to the board is who are they?
1. The one that immediately comes to mind is Spiderboy a combination of Spidey and Superboy from Amalgam (Dc and Marvel)
2. Another one might be the Sam Rami film Spidey/Tobey Maguire character owned by Sony.
3. If true, then Andrew Garfield/Spidey would also be in contention. Marvel printed movie versions of these characters so they would qualify.
4. The Electric Company Spidey version would also apply as well since it is probably owned by the same company that produces Sesame Street. The comic lasted 57 issues and there was a magazine version as well.
The Spiderman Unlimted cartoon from the late 90s where he goes to another planet would be the 5th one - I believe it is owned by Fox.
6. IF the cartoon trend continues, then the Spidey from the all digital series - Spiderman the animated series (I could be wrong with the title)
where the Ian Ziering (bonde guy from 90210 plays Harry Osborn) and Neil Patrick Harris plays Peter Parker - also owned by Sony. 7. The series right after Unlimited was Spectacular Spiderman (produced in Vancouver, and in my opinion the best one so far -). And number 8 is probably the current cartoon (and crap in my opinion - too childish).
The funny thing is I was only going to write about one Spidey version that did not or will not be in Spiderverse. As I started typing this
text, all these versions came to me. So, am missing something or is this the definitive 8 SPideys that they were referencing in the letters column
I have no idea if you're right, but those are some very smart deductions.
My first novel, The Listeners, is in bookstores now! Check it out at www.harrisondemchick.com!
Posted with Mozilla Firefox 32.0 on Windows 7
All the content of these boards Copyright © 1996-2021 by Comicboards/TVShowboards. Software Copyright © 2003-2021 Powermad Software