Member Since: Sat May 17, 2008
Subj: Terrible issue. Cartoonishly braod characterization and "insights." They all come off as obnoxious juveniles.Posted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 at 12:52:45 am CST (Viewed 115 times)
Reply Subj: Thoughts on Batman #37. Bruce, Selina, Clark and Lois's double date *SPOILERS*
Posted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 at 01:36:14 pm CST (Viewed 210 times)
This post contains spoilers for Batman #37.
It's a double date with Bruce and Selina, along with Clark and Lois.
1. Uh oh. The date was decided to be at a fair with a ferris wheel, which took them all an hour to decide to come to it. Unfortunately, everyone must come dressed as a Super-Hero.
2. Good ol' Lois suggests that, since they already have costumes, they should switch and come dressed as one. Clark dressed as Batman, Bruce dressed as Superman, Lois dressed as Catwoman and...you get the idea. Bruce says no to this, but Selina manages to be convincing.
3. As everyone is following Lois's idea, what follows is a humorous scene of trying on the costumes. I can just imagine Bruce being so uncomfortable wearing those bright colors of Superman's costume. *LOL*
Good thing Catwoman's suit stretches. Lois must be a little...bigger...than Selina...
4. Selina is stuck wearing Lois's dress and comes up with a rather...unique...way of getting into the Super-Heroes only fair. I thought it was funny.
5. WHY is Clark wearing his glasses when he is dressed as Batman?!
6. Clark suggests this could be fun, but Bruce says, "No." Ha, I love seeing him uncomfortable.
7. Eventually, Lois and Selina get to spend a little girl time together while Clark and Bruce hit balls with baseball bats (with Bruce claiming it's too easy). Clark points out that being with "a criminal, it's an odd match." Bruce, of course, has the perfect response.
While the banter between the men is good, Lois asks Selina a good question, "Why him?"
"He catches me when I fall...does that make any sense at all?"
Lois doesn't directly answer the question, but we all know Superman has always been there for Lois and knows exactly where Selina is coming from here.
8. Clark and Bruce have an ongoing debate on weather or not Bruce could hit Superman's fast ball. Clark doubts it, thinking that he can throw too fast for Bruce to even see it. But Bruce hypothesizes that one can only throw a ball so fast before it falls apart, so Superman will be limited on how fast he can throw it. This is proven correct at the end of the issue when they try it and Bruce hits Superman's fast ball.
Good issue. I really like the character dynamic between them and it was very nice to see Lois and Selina interact together and just talking. Who knew these characters had such great chemistry.
And a continuance of Superman as a "so Kansas" feminized dope! Again, Lois is the man in the relationship. I remember all over again why I despise the marriage and Clark-centric view of the character.
Posted with Mozilla Firefox 57.0 on Windows 7
All the content of these boards Copyright © 1996-2018 by Alvaro Ortiz and Dave Galanter. Software Copyright © 2003-2018 Powermad Software
- Thoughts on Batman #37. Bruce, Selina, Clark and Lois's double date *SPOILERS* · Knight · Wed Dec 20, 2017 at 01:36:14 pm CST
- Re: I loved it. [Spoilers] · RAB · Sun Dec 24, 2017 at 01:31:03 am CST
- Re: Thoughts on Batman #37. Bruce, Selina, Clark and Lois's double date *SPOILERS* · Daveym · Sat Dec 23, 2017 at 07:04:17 am CST
- Terrible issue. Cartoonishly braod characterization and "insights." They all come off as obnoxious juveniles. · thuggernaut · Fri Dec 22, 2017 at 12:52:45 am CST
- Re: Thoughts on Batman #37. Bruce, Selina, Clark and Lois's double date *SPOILERS* · Jeff M · Thu Dec 21, 2017 at 08:25:29 am CST
- Re: Thoughts on Batman #37. Bruce, Selina, Clark and Lois's double date *SPOILERS* · liheibao · Wed Dec 20, 2017 at 08:12:55 pm CST
- Re: Thoughts on Batman #37. Bruce, Selina, Clark and Lois's double date *SPOILERS* · JesusFan · Wed Dec 20, 2017 at 06:41:33 pm CST