|Walking Dead >> View Post|
Subj: Re: final straw for this show (spoilers)
Posted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 at 01:16:35 pm EST (Viewed 215 times)
Reply Subj: Re: final straw for this show (spoilers)
Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 at 09:39:11 am EST (Viewed 209 times)
Quote:That's sort of been me, as well. It keeps me around, but it's never really been anything special. Mind you, I don't even think the source material is very special.
I lost interest after the governor.
But yeah the show was never all that great and I kind of roll my eyes when people talk about the good old days...the show never had them.
1. The first season...ok but not great. Annoying Rick/Lori/Shane stuff...always hated that stuff.
2. The second season...marooned on the farm which was so boring. Still Rick/Lori/Shane stuff. The whole Sophia being missing thing.
3. The third season...marooned at the jail. The governor was introduced and IMO he did not measure up to the comic version. So we had an arch villain...who sucked.
4. Annoying governor gets killed. HUGE drop off in quality...the cast just sort of meanders around for the rest of the season...this was when the show got really bad imo. The Governor sucked...but not having him around was even worse because there was no focus after that. Same thing happened in the comics. The years in between Governor and Negan seemed awful from the few I read.
5. I liked the cannibal stuff but then it was more meandering and then the annoying Alexandria people....none of which I like.
6. More annoying Alexandria stuff. God I would just set that whole town on fire. I did like the whole Rick's banging Michonne development.
7. Negan's too over the top. I did like the whole double murder thing at the beginning of the season and the tiger guy (where is he?) but everything else has been dull.
I think the real truth is I haven't been happy with any season of the show. This is what happens every season...I'll like the first couple episodes and the last couple episodes but the 12 episodes in between are always a giant slog to get through.
I get annoyed when the characters aren't developed but then I also get annoyed when they devote time to developing characters I don't care about (die Eugene die). I just like to hate on this show.
Posted with Mozilla Firefox 50.0 on Windows 7
|Alvaro's Comicboards powered by On Topic™ © 2003-2018 Powermad Software|