|X-Universe >> View Post|
Subj: Re: If Cyclops is a villain, SO IS JEAN GREY!
Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 at 02:01:21 am EDT (Viewed 123 times)
Reply Subj: Re: If Cyclops is a villain, SO IS JEAN GREY!
Posted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 at 11:20:31 am EDT (Viewed 180 times)
1. It seems like apples and oranges to compare Sentinels capturing mutants to "round them up" with Scott protecting his people. T'challa fought to protect his country/city. He even said he would "kill Namor for this". Scott has been drawing a line in the sand metaphorically for quite some time. People kept stepping over it.
2. I don't see Scott as playing the end justifies the means. That's Wolverine and X-Force...which Wolverine did willingly on Scott's orders. Thus, Cyclops =bad means Wolverine =bad.
3. Cyclops wasn't killing enemies to restart the race. He was in a situation of kill or be killed. That was the point the writers were setting up.
4. At first, Magneto's way was always to attack homo sapiens and let homo superior "take over" the world as the rightful rulers. As he aged, he simply wanted a place to have his mutants be left alone (Asteroid M, Genosha). This was never allowed to become the norm. So he would defend himself. Once he defended himself, he would go overboard, and the X-Men got involved. I disagree with Magneto was always right and Xavier always wrong. I would say both made questionable decisions. Xavier was no saint.
5. Schism proved both points of view had merit. A good buddy's father changed his birth certificate so he could go fight WWII at age 16! He, like Cyclops, believed that he had the right to make that choice....and shouldn't be told "No, you can't fight".
6. Hope is not Cyclops' daughter, but she is a child left in his care. The point is, Cyclops was responsible for her. To let the Avengers take her, when they wouldn't say what their plan was, was not acceptable. Phoenix would have destroyed the Earth for all they knew. They obviously couldn't stop it on their own. Hope was the only chance. It was okay when Jean got possessed. The Dark Phoenix path could have been averted possibly if Scott had his way...but we will never know now. As for her not wanting it....tough. Remember when your parents made you eat your vegetables? How about this quote: "Sometimes we find our destiny on the road we took to avoid it" Maybe Hope will finally find her destiny in AvX 12.