|X-Universe >> View Post|
Subj: Re: Spasibo...
Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 at 02:14:43 pm EDT (Viewed 138 times)
Reply Subj: Re: Spasibo...
Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 at 10:28:02 am EDT (Viewed 160 times)
Quote:Aside from the horrible excuse to conk her out, she didn't do too badly.
And Yana jobbed to him?! BAH! She can save the world with Strange's elite magic squad, but Komrade Disposable's goons smack her down off panel, leaving her too weak to fight him.
Bit of a contradiction?
She still gave it her best shot.
Quote:[Mikhail] Still self-exiled in that dimension (Kapalan) that only exists for a second.
Ah. Don't recall. Will have to Wiki it...
In the Colossus Bloodlines mini, it was established that the Rasputins are related to THE Rasputin, and their family has some sort of curse. To stop the curse, he exiled himself to some dimension.
Quote:Well, H.A.M.M.E.R. was already used. It's kind of stupid for a Russian agency to have an English acronym. "Sickle" in Russian is СЕРП (pronounced serp). Bet some cool Russian words can be extrapolated from that.
And speaking of Russian, again, we are given lots of random Russian words thrown in for no good reason, just to make speech colourful:
- "Pakhan": basically the equivalent of Boss/Godfather/etc.
- "Chto eto?": What's this? (it's pronunced "shto," btw)
- "Dyadya": uncle
- "Ublyudok": jerk. Really? Guy kidnaps and nearly kills your sister and all you can do is call him "jerk?" Sure, this is a comic book, but c'mon! Kitty calling Omega a "jerkwad" seems natural for her, but Piotr should have been angrier.
- "Udar'te na eto": Not how I would have translated "choke on this." What Omega said is more like "Take this." Choke would have been another word. But, oh well.
- "Ya sobirayus' ubit' tebya": I'm going to kill you. Why is Piotr the one who's using Russian and not the Russians that still live/breathe in Russia? All of these Bratva criminals are speaking English, even amongst themselves. But Piotr is going to announce he's killing the Pakhan in Russian? Awkward.
Ugh, and "Anatoly Rasputin Nikolayevich?" Nono. Anatoly Nikolayevich Rasputin.
Cool! Love all this Russian translation stuff! Thank you very much.
Quote:Is SPASIBO like Aloha with multiple meanings in Hawaiin and means THANK YOU and YOUR WELCOME?
No. Spasibo does not mean "you're welcome" like that site says. "You're welcome" is pozhaluysta (that uy is sort of silent). Spasibo has one meaning: "thank you."
Some etymology: spasibo comes from two words: spasi+bog, meaning "(May) God save (you)."
Quote:(Does anyone know an issue:) Has Piotr has with Cosmo the Dog yet?
No. There hasn't really been a reason for them to interact. Cosmo tends to stay on Knowhere.
Posted with Mozilla Firefox 55.0 on Windows 10
|Alvaro's Comicboards powered by On Topic™ © 2003-2018 Powermad Software|