|X-Universe >> View Post|
Subj: Re: X-Men Blue #19...
Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 at 04:00:41 pm CST (Viewed 215 times)
Reply Subj: Xmen blue
Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 at 02:45:53 pm CST (Viewed 217 times)
X-Men: Blue 019
· Great cover.
· So. It was a far-fetched fan fake out. They told us the really went to their true past timeline and saw and believed they saw their past selves there - without checking them or anything out. They told us that they knew this was incontrivertilbe evidence so readers could share their knowledge that they were from an alternate reality. That gave the continued existence and concept of the O5 in trapped in the present was given arguably more worth and meaning after IRL years(?) of their temporal squatting. HA! Turns out in classic comic book twist fashion the joke is on them - and the readers. They saw Fake5 dopplegangers. Real funny... NOT. And by the internal logic of the O5 factor... this will prove to be a joke too. The BotA Gang can NOT be really affecting the real past here if they really killed Wanda and Pietro. Therefore any attempted story drama surrounding death and danger is highly suspect. How threatening can the BotA Gang be if they kill one of their own granparent progenitors?
· So. Hank McMagic can now pull off classic saves from nuclear explosion. This showing would make Sue Storm proud. How many FF issues later was she skilled enough to pull of similar? And this was impulsive knee-jerk, imagine how resourceful he'll be once he masters abeastra cadumbra spell casting?
· So. We get a pretty double splash screensaver collage of X-canon we know. Curious randomness. Even Quentin as Phoenix gets a nod. Hey, did Bobby ever wear a carrot nose in back issues or was that from a Marvel House Ad by Byrne?
· The return of THOUGHT BUBBLES! So. Kudos for that. Granted they only are used twice - and to repeat the same sight gag.
· So. The 7 debate with Mags, in Null Space, was decent enough even though it all proves moot once they discover the truth over the last 5 pages of teleporting into the Mansion "action". They even manage to deliver a gigantahumongous dramaticolossal battle between O5 and the Fake5 BotA Gang that essentially is given a whopping 1 panel. *koff* BTW, what unfootnoted Mags/Cyke past encounter was he talking about.
· So. What BotA Event danglers should readers be thinking about at this point? Also, never got a chance to reply to Rodimus' XmB#17 post which was also the source of my attached new banner submission for consideration.
Support Cancer Research and Alzheimer Research.
Posted with Mozilla 11.0 on Windows 7
|Alvaro's Comicboards powered by On Topic™ © 2003-2018 Powermad Software|